exhaust cutout equipped test pipes - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    and may actually flow worse with the added turbulence. Just run a high flow cat, mother nature will thank you :wink:

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

i'm keeping the stock exhaust system...i like that the car shuts the hell up when i'm not flooring it and doing everyday driving...i don't even really want it for performance i like the way the 5m sounds open exhaust...especially at high rpm's. i tried the 48" glasspack but still didn't like it...it was cool at first it was actually pretty quiet but it still bugged me so i slapped the stock exhaust system on so it would sound like a normal everyday car...

anybody tried sidepipes on a supra?

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    Wher that pix of the 1000hp mkII i think it had side pipes...

will
    "Betty" 85 Supra. LJM front strut bar, custom rear bar, Addcos sway f/r, Tokico f/r, Eibachs springs, and full PST bushing kit, Cusco camber plates, RC intake w/custom cold air & K&N filter, JK short shifter, MKIII 10 blade radiator fan, SS break lines, RC SS clutch line, Russel quick bleeders, custom stereo.
    "Karmen" 85 Supra. RC TB and intake. Bored out AFM, Magnaflow cat. soon new stock brake lines and muffler.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    I don't know man, I had to drive a stock 85 70kms on back roads with no catback at all. It kinda sounded good but it hurt like a mofo! I was desparetly stuffing bits of paper I found in my pockets into my ears and driving with my elbows on the wheel and my hands on my ears when I could :lol: I found if I kept the revs at a certain level, around 3k or so the resoance was less so then at higher rpms and lower ones, less so is in I could almost stand the noise with my hands off my ears. Finally near the end I found some unused kleenex that made decent ear plugs, it was ok after that. It was a minor miracle that we didn't run into any cops. Then there was the drain plug on the auto tranny that went missing... boy, that was an interesting night :shock:

that's why you only open it up when your racing and when your racing you only open it up after 3k for the torque.

Quote Originally Posted by 87-TRDCressida
    Can you open up a pacesetter? :lol: How do you open up a header for better performance and sound?
    You take your exhaust off the header. So the exhaust goes from the combustion chamber, out the exhaust valve, down the header and then it's free because it's outside!

As Billy said, I'm pretty sure there is not much gains to be had by doing this IF you have a 2.5" exhaust....except for the noise. But if you have a stock system, then a cutout would help to free up the exhaust for racing or whatnot.

Thread Information