New.. Well, everything!!!

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

New.. Well, everything!!!

I've been collecting parts for my 85 for a few years now. Unfortunately, it's taken that long to come up with the funds to finally do what I want with the car. Shortly after I acquired my new job, I deployed and decided to put the car in the shop. So I enlisted the help of Majestic Motorsports in Jacksonville, NC. They received a beaten and battered vehicle with over 185,000 miles, and have begun to replace, pretty much everything. Finally, all of the parts, and all of the funds, are getting put to good use.

I purchased a used 6mge(Built by RabidChimp), complete turbo kit, and various other necessary components from fellow CS members.
    Then new suspension components from Raptor Racing, and new computer controls and various custom made items from the fellas at Majestic.
    The car isn't complete by any means, but is on it's way, and is long overdue.

The Supra is currently in it's body repair stages at the shop, and though I haven't been much for photo-logging in the past, I figure it's time to share a little. Unfortunately, due to my current location, I am unable to access media sharing websites, so I can't post images. Hopefully the links will work.

Here is the Before..

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._6762181_n.jpg

Some current progress shots..

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31102496_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...02158467_o.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...46130019_o.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...24136644_o.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...44681220_o.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...66694622_o.jpg

And this is my rendering for after, We'll see how close it gets..

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...53796638_n.jpg

More to come, and hopefully actual pics next time instead of just links...

And forgive me for not naming the members, it's a pretty extensive list..
    -Dustin-
    Sold: 1985 Supra, 290k 5m, Fuzzy Dice.
    Sold: 1985 Supra, 6mgte, 349whp/352tq at 16psi. Build Thread: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    My brother just moved back up to the mountains from Jacksonville. The time I've spent down ther I've seen some really nice rides come out of that shop. Good luck with the car man. I'm sure itll be awesome when they get done with it.

Sick I want to see how the boosted 6m treats you
    84' p-type - 64k 1 owner DD
    86' p-type - Forced into a pole.
    86' GT-S corolla - Neglected
    91' 3000gt vr4 581whp - Sold
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

My brother just moved back up to the mountains from Jacksonville. The time I've spent down ther I've seen some really nice rides come out of that shop. Good luck with the car man. I'm sure itll be awesome when they get done with it.
    The guys at Majestic have been turning out quality product for quite some time. Their usual customers have MK3 or MK4 Supras. Owner Rich Homer, has a white MK4 that has been featured in quite a few tuner mags, to include Super Street and Import Tuner, that is cranking out 1450whp. This is their first real encounter with an MK2. I'm excited to see what they can do.

Sick I want to see how the boosted 6m treats you
    Me too brother, me too. Can't wait!!
    -Dustin-
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    After you get your car back, would you be willing to review their shop for us?

Customer service,
    Vehicle service,
    And most of all how well they did with your whip?

i have heard many many mixed reviews about that place, good and bad. i really REALLY want to see what they make of a MK-II.

looks like you have one hell of a start on a wicked ride man.
    97 XR650L. DD / Toy.

CelicaSupra.com Member 1982 Dragon's Avatar
    Best of luck, hopefully things don't get too pricey
    -Josh

1982 Terra Cotta P-Type - Sold and missed Hidden Content
    1987 Supra, 7MGTE 432WHP (New Toy)
    1993 Celica GTS (Daily Commuter)

After you get your car back, would you be willing to review their shop for us?
    Absolutely, though it'll be December before I am home and actually able to see/drive it for myself.

Best of luck, hopefully things don't get too pricey
    I appreciate it, and I hope the cost stay down as well. Just the custom fabbed parts are going to cost an arm and a leg, but hopefully I'm getting what I'm paying for.
    -Dustin-
    Hidden Content

In progress review of Majestic Motorsports.

So far they are being extremely meticulous, which of course comes with pros and cons. As long as the quality of work is priority, I don't mind it. Though there comes a point where it can seem as if a shop is just running the fabrication clock up to acquire an extra thousand dollars or so. At this point, I honestly believe Majestic is not leaning towards the later. I receive at least biweekly emails pertaining to work being done, or work being done soon. Jeremy, the sales manager, keeps me fairly informed as to what is happening, and has offered up several suggestions to make the progress a little better, resulting in a better performing end result. The main issue that I have, is due to my location. It's very hard to conduct business with someone, especially concerning something very dear to you, when you are 8,000 miles from the shop performing the work. Majestic has done a decent job at keeping my nerves calm, though at times I do have my moments.

I suppose to better inform, I should explain a bit of the circumstance surrounding the vehicle.

I dropped the vehicle off during the first week of June, just before I redeployed. Giving Majestic a 6 month timeline on the work to be done to the car. They do offer financing on more expensive builds, and as mine is so extensive, it was an option. I didn't take it however. I prefer to pay for things as they are being done, especially with such a large timeline before I am to pick the car back up. This of course, is not going to be the best way to get the vehicle done quickly. With the time it took to acquire some of the left over parts, combined with the 6 months before I got to see the car again, I figured coughing up 10Gs upfront, wasn't in my best interest. (..Build cost has now exceeded that limit..)

After 5 months the body work is nearly complete, all of the parts are on hand, and the suspension, wiring and rear differential are well underway. The engine and turbo set up have been assembled, but the intercooler and piping as well as the exhaust system still have to be routed. Nothing seems finished, And with only 10 days left before the deadline I gave them, I don't see much hope for the Supra's completion before I get home. This of course is saddening, as well as a bit infuriating. In the shops defense, the do stay quite busy. With me not setting up a credit line, nor giving them all of the estimated invoice amount upfront, I can't really be too upset about the timeline. Add to that the time it took to attain some very important components during the build, and the fact that nothing I gave them was essentially complete, and you end up with a terrible equation from the start.

The shop's fabricators are awesome. I have had two custom built exhausts done by Majestic already this year. One on my 2005 GMC Sierra using Borla components, and another system installed on my 86 C-10, using various components. Both turned out awesome, and I am very pleased with the sounds, as well as the looks. And they were both same day turn arounds.

I am rather anxious to see what they do with the Exhaust, and the FFIM that I am having them do for the MKII.

I'll be adding some pics up this later today of where the Supra is currently at, as Jeremy just hit me up with some teaser shots, which have me feeling like a child in a toy store. I want to play, but I can't reach the shelves..

Quick overall:
    I am thoroughly pleased with the customer service, and the craftmanship thus far on the build. I am disappointed in the fact that timeline may not be met, and that the car may not be ready to drive when I get home. But as they say "shit happens", and as long as the quality of the build is what I desire, then I can give them a couple extra days. They shop charges 35/hr for bodyshop, 55/hr for mechanical, and 100/hr for custom fabrication. (Which seems to be where a lot my money is going) It could have been done cheaper, but we'll have to wait and see if it could be done better.
    -Dustin-
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    thanks for a well written update!

it sounds like it should be getting pretty close. i am excited to see it.

i have some pretty good lines on parts if you need anything when you get back. i have a parts car, one of my friends has a parts car and we also have a Toyota only junk yard around here. i am still a few hours away though.
    97 XR650L. DD / Toy.

Photo Update

I am very anxious to see the final product, and nervous at the same time. I'll keep that information in mind cmdeshon, much appreciated.

Here are some of the pics that Majestic sent me last night..

Some before and after shots of the cancer..

Can you spot the differences.
    -Dustin-
    Hidden Content

Thread Information