6MGE thread (JDM inside) - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I have the same water leak behind the lower rear timing cover. It's been leaking for almost 2 years now, finally it's gotten to the point I have to put 1/2 gallon in every day (fill resevoir and top rad off). I am not taking any chances with head gasket sealing there so I am pulling the entire engine for a re-seal since it's been 9 years (on 4/20!) and she's got a multitude of oil seeps

I wish my engine had made it 10 years before doing this but oh well. Most other people's builds from around that time have already blown up so I can't complain too much XD
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    -shirts, stickers, posters & more!-
    Hidden Content
    -more shirt styles, magnets, wallets, mugs and more!-

1985 P-type 5 speed
    6MGE
    10 years strong 4-20-08
    1984 L-type Auto - Bone stock & broken Hidden Content
    acquired 6/17

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I didn't see anyone posting up what belt to use with a True 6M, 6M timing Gear and 7M Supra crank pulley. I used a 4PK0925 which is a 4 rib belt. I wanted a 900(90mm long) or maybe 910, but the local shop had a 92.5mm belt in stock. This was with a 6M alternator(5M should be the same I think). It was a little on the long side, right about at the end of the tensioner, but it might actually be a good fit for both a 5M and 7M alternator in the 5M location maybe?(I didn't try to fit a 7M alt) I used a 4 rib belt not a 5, as I am driving it off the AC belt spot on the 7M Crank Pulley seems to line up well.
    Black 86 with 7M-GTE/W58/3.58/TrueTrack, 300whp, [email protected]
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Tire Shredder Hidden Content
    "surprise! this one runs 11s biatch"

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    That sounds about what I run, a little shorter perhaps. Keep a spare in the car!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Thread Information