Don's Carbon Fiber Hood Ordering Info - Page 20

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member canadian_psyko's Avatar

Re: Don's Carbon Fiber Hood Ordering Info

I got an email with tracking info yesterday. Delivery is setup for Friday. I thought I was last due to no rush?

George: email says shipping weight is 60lbs, I can get you more exact info tomorrow.
    Cam

Daily: IS300

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Re: Don's Carbon Fiber Hood Ordering Info

Got the dimensions... Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    Mine has shipped but the tracking number isnt working properly. Good thing it is being shipped to my work. Fingers crossed!
    ours should be here friday!
    Hidden Content
    Royce
    '85 P-Type 213,xxx km's

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_psyko View Post
    I got an email with tracking info yesterday. Delivery is setup for Friday. I thought I was last due to no rush?

George: email says shipping weight is 60lbs, I can get you more exact info tomorrow.
    haha, you ARE last

The production is finishing up !

Don L.

Hello, Can I order a hood to Russia? please advise also regarding price. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast78rus View Post
    Hello, Can I order a hood to Russia? please advise also regarding price. Thank you!
    My group buy is closed, but Raptor Racing is organizing a new group buy, possibly including new
    hood designs. You can also contact Advan and order directly from them.

Regards,

Don L.

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Got mine friday, no issues. The hood did have some minor scratches on it even though the box and bubble wrap was not breached in any way - perhaps a handling issue? Nothing a little paint polish and some elbow grease couldnt take care of. Fitment is very nice - I will take some pics and post them up. It would seem the under bracing has threaded holes for the stock pneumatic hood supports - any idea if the stock strength ones are acceptable or if I need to try to find some 'lower pressure' ones? Also, are there any benifits to using the rear headlight 'whiskers' since this hood actually has the ability to mount them?
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

I can only say try your 30 yr old hood struts on the cf hood, might work if they are not too strong.

Others have said cf hoods need lower pressure struts, but no one with the Advan hoods hoods have reported.

Advan hoods are fairly stout.

Don L.

I might have something in the works...sorry to hi-jack...I'll post some info as soon as I get it.

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    It definietly seems way more rigid than my old CFX fiberglass hood. I'm going to give a set of new hood supports a try, I will keep you updated.

I'm still curious to know if running those metal 'whiskers' that mount to the hood behind the headlight has any advantage.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

Thread Information