Fiberglass rear hatch - Page 2

Poll: How badly do you want one?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraDude117's Avatar
    Well Poop... Get one of the admins to delete this then... *sighs* I need to go find a good condition 85 hatch... $200 you say?
    Agatha, 84 P-Type 7MGTE, sleeping in the garage. Hidden Content
    Kadena, 86 P-Type, 6MGE, Waiting for a new throw out bearing.Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    its a good idea, just your price is pretty high.
    william
    Black 84 7mgte/R154, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Blue 85 Beater. TRD Header, HKS Exhaust, custom 3in intake pipe, cone filter
    Black 86 Triple Weber 6m Eventually
    Rusty 85 Frankenstein 6M/w58 with DIYPNP

I'd make them as cheaply as I could for the rest of you. That's what group buys are all about. We're here to help the other guys out. I'm not here to make a huge profit. I just need to research this a little more and get some help from the local members to see just how much materials would cost... We need a place to build these things too... hmmm

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Yea I got a new one from the dealer for $535 last year. I know another guy that got one a little while ago for $550. IF it's going to be more than a new one from the dealer. Then I think it should at least be made out of carbon fiber.

I asked about getting a new one from my local toyota dealership and I saw it come up on the parts desk computer for $900... not $500... and that was for the metal peice alone... I'd like to know what dealership they got a new hatch from for so cheap...

CelicaSupra.com Member
    $900 for a new hatch is crazy. I delivered body parts. For all most every car there is. For almost 6 years. I've only seen a few body panels go for that much. And they were like Caddy parts. Your dealer is lying to you. The hatch only list for around $748.56 as of 10/04/02. I get around a 25% discount. So that's how I got mine cheaper paid ($523.89). Do you have another Toyota dealer in your city? If so go to them and ask them to give you a price. Never ever pay full price for dealer parts. They give all the shops around town. A very good discount. They can do it for you also. Just tell them you won't buy without a discount. Buying online would be difficult for a big body part. The shipping would be too high. And the part would almost always be damaged. When it arrived to you. Good luck

Maybe we can do a group buy on original Toyota hatches?

If I could save 25% and get it for ~$530 I would seriously consider it. And my hatch is perfect, even has the original wiper blade. I just want a rust free spare to try something on.

DJ,

What local dealer gave you the $900 price???? I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping it was NOT Rick Griffith @ Kirkland Toyota (460ricky), he should have given you a lower price than that.....

Now if it was Micheals in Bellevue, then $900 is possible, unless you're on their parts discount list/group (like me).

Check again w/ Rick @ Kirkland & see what kind of price he gives you.

It was Rick we talked for a while about the fiber glass hatch and then moved on to talking about 7MGTE engine swaps and R154 trannies and such. Rick didn't bring up the price on the computer another guy did. I saw the screen. They're not making the numbers up.

I will keep looking for ways to make this happen. I need to talk some more to an Uncle of mine who has a nice garage and works for a towing company. He knows a lot about fiber glass moulding according to my Dad.

Hell, I didn't know Toyota still had new haches for our cars!!! $900 is a bargain, IMHO, considering it's new and finding a nice used one is next to impossible...

Thread Information