Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

How much would you be willing to pay for Reproduction Door Seals?

[Gauging Interest] MK2 Reproduction Upper Door Seals Group Buy

17K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  CelicaSupra_Denmark 
#1 · (Edited)
The rear glass seal found here is set to start very shortly so it's time to move onto the next project. When we sent out the hatch glass seal we also sent out a pair of window seals...for those that need visual queues here is what I'm talking about:

I'd like to see how much interest this is in this and the success of the accuracy of the hatch glass seal voting will determine if I'm going to go ahead with this project. I've received a rough quote but as always this could change and there are many other factors that can affect pricing such as shipping, import fees etc.

I will be making driver and passenger but will be selling this as a pair, the logistics of being stuck with excessive stock for one side is just not something I want to deal with right now. I might offer the option of purchasing one side only but the pricing will be more than per unit than buying them in pairs.

As always please vote honestly, I know I can't control that be feel the need to always remind ya'll of that :badger:

I also think I need to clarify why I'm using these sort of voting options, those of you who know me know it's NOT to squeeze the most dollars out of everyone. It's too determine if the project is even worth it, if everyone is only willing to pay $180 and my total cost ends up being more than I expected then in the end it's not worth my time making this part. Sorry...felt I just needed to clarify that!

See less See more
#35 ·
I don't think in the near future, here's why: each mold cost $10,000. So with Raptor Racing making $0 on each item and 20 people interested you'll see where "no" is the most likely answer. I can see this being done one day, but in the far future when die hard MK2 owners will be willing to spend a fortune to get it done. I personally don't see 20 of us right now spending $500 each to cover each mold + production costs + shipping + raptor racing profits (which trust me is next to nothing on these projects).

#37 ·
2 Thumbs Up

With you Phil!!

#38 ·
Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum but posting since I see the demand for window seals is pretty decent.
They're not perfect, but if your seals are as bad as mine (literally none) I found by random chance that the trunk seal for a 68 ford galaxie fits in the window channel of my 82 celica (2 door coupe, not supra). I heard mk2 and the celica are similar if not the same, so I wanted to share this tidbit.
Here's the link to the trunk seal on rockauto, one trunk seal is PLENTY for both doors!
Here's a pic of a strip installed on mine as a test. It probably wont stop a pressure washer but it stops the rattle, and minimizes wind noise! Its solid too, the little strip stays on on the freeway with the windows down. Hope this helps!!!
Window Hood Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle door

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Sky Cloud Car Plant Vehicle

#40 ·
I have a 68 Galaxie and had leftover from sealing my trunk lid up, so figured I'd give it a shot. It just so happened to fit snug! I'm ordering another full one so I can do the full door, I'll post the after here so you all can see how it goes. That is, unless someone buys the celica first since it's for sale. I'll keep you all posted!

#41 ·
Well, after a lot of elbow grease and even more colorful language, I got the seals in. Whilt its definitely not perfect, they do seem to stay inpretty well and it definitely stops the freeway window rattle! I still get a decent amount of wind noise but it is slightly better.
I ended up changing the way I installedit because the old way I had it ended up popping out the back part every time I closed the door (not useful). This way, you can rollthe windows up and down and they dont move. It was MUCH harder to get them to stay inthis way though, hence the language mentioned.
Sky Shade Road surface Tree Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Water Automotive exterior Vehicle door Tints and shades

Car Sky Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Window

Sky Car Motor vehicle Plant Cloud

Sky Window Shade Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Sky Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.