Lemons Mk2 Build - Page 118

Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1199
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Got a real dyno sheet?
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member revvhappy's Avatar
    What do you mean by "real"? The car made about 60 pulls across 3 days of tuning but someone had messed up the graph axis markings. The numbers for peak tq and HP were 140 and 180 at the axles. I believe there's something wrong because this engine is supposed to pump out 150+ lb-ft of torque from 2500rpm and not have a dip in the curve. Still trying to track down the issue (checked cam timing, VTEC, VTC angles, compression, plugs).

That thing sounds so wrong but I love it! ...looking forward to seeing how the car does for you without that extra 150 pounds on the nose!

--billyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BillyM View Post
    That thing sounds so wrong but I love it! ...looking forward to seeing how the car does for you without that extra 150 pounds on the nose!

--billyM
    I'm going to miss the smooth I-6 sound for sure! And the boatload of torque from low rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by revvhappy View Post
    What do you mean by "real"? The car made about 60 pulls across 3 days of tuning but someone had messed up the graph axis markings. The numbers for peak tq and HP were 140 and 180 at the axles. I believe there's something wrong because this engine is supposed to pump out 150+ lb-ft of torque from 2500rpm and not have a dip in the curve. Still trying to track down the issue (checked cam timing, VTEC, VTC angles, compression, plugs).
    Like a printout with legible engine RPM numbers and Torque and HP figures on the sidebar so we can tell what we're looking at

Thanks for the extra info, only the peak torque was listed on the screen photo. The computer read out at dyno shops is always missing a bunch of that info.

Curious what this thing weighs now!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

No paper copy, but below is the final tune and graph (solid lines). The dyno was rebooted to get the numbers back to the correct scale. I have a track day scheduled for December 6th at Road Atlanta, a friend is bringing scales so I'll have the current weight soon. The only time it was weighed it came in at 2450 lb with all fluids but no driver. I would love to see a number under 2350. The mass is also more centralized with 95% of the engine weight behind the front wheel bearings, so the distribution should be much better.

I've been scouring the internet for tuning information about the K24 and might have found a reason for the low torque at low rpm. The VTC (like Toyota VVT) is also supposed to be advanced on the low cam profile and we have the VTC set at 0 degrees until VTEC hits. I will try adding some cam advance at low rpm to see what happens.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by revvhappy View Post

I've been scouring the internet for tuning information about the K24 and might have found a reason for the low torque at low rpm.
    Did you find the "Honda" written on the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Texasissouth View Post
    Did you find the "Honda" written on the engine?
    Bwah ha ha ... well played, sir!

"For a Honda" this engine actually produces reasonable torque when the iVTEC systems are working properly (150-160 lb-ft from 2500rpm). It's not the monster 175 lb-ft of the 6MGE, but good enough for a race car.

Yeah if you can fill in that big dip before 5000rpm it should be pretty respectable. Your curb weight is awesome, hundreds better then you could do with any Toyota inline 6, lets see if you can get your torque output up to those ranges! Thanks for posting a real graph!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Finally looking like a race car gain after almost 2 years of work.

Thread Information