Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[CLOSED] Raptor Racing MK2 Reproduction Rubber Hatch Glass Seal Group Buy

139K views 88 replies 27 participants last post by  SUPER 
#1 · (Edited)
Back in April I put up a gauging interest thread here which was met with some decent numbers. I’ve decided to risk it and put these into production. You can see full details of Seamus’ install with feedback here

Just so there is no misunderstanding, this is for the hatch to glass seal, it’s modeled after the 85+ seal which fits ALL years. Hardcore 82-84 purist please note that this seal eliminates the need for the metal corner trim.

Pricing
US/Canadian Customers: $180 + Shipping
Australian Customers: $160 + $49.95

Notes
  • For Australian Customer we can fit 2 units in one package for the above price so it’s best you try to find someone near you to split the shipping costs with.
  • For Canadian/US Customers I won’t know the shipping price until the units are in my hands, it will not be bad, roughly $20-25 but I just can’t guess the rate right now.
  • Canadian Customers MUST add Tax to their price but this can be paid for prior to shipping when I’ve give you your shipping quote.

Payment Terms/Methods

Australian customers must pay in full, Canadian/US Customers can just pay for the unit(s)…when they are ready for shipping I will follow up with a shipping quote and advise you of taxes due(for Canadian Customers).

US and Australian Customers
Payment via paypal: payments@raptorracing.com

Canadian Customers
All Canadian Customers MUST pay in CDN Dollars via:
1. Email Money Transfer (most all major Canadian Banks Have this) to: george@raptorracing.com
2. Paypal +3% in CND Currency to payments@raptorracing.com
3. Cheque

International Customers
Please email me...do NOT pm me please!! We can discuss payment and shipping terms.

Require Information

Your Payment MUST include:

1. Full Name and Forum Name:
2. Full Mailing Address (NO PO Boxes):
3. Phone Number

If you're paying via paypal you can add this in your payment. PLEASE try to avoid using paypal mobil app as it neglects to include the address which forces me to follow up with you. If you're paying via Email Money Transfer or Cheque please make sure to send me a follow up email.

Timeline

The parts are actually already produced and ready to ship to me, for North America customers I would guess that late September these should start shipping…but again that’s a guess.

The deadline will officially be August 23rd, if you are SERIOUSLY interested and you need some more time please email me and we can work something out. Otherwise pricing will go up after that date, not sure how much…might only be a few bux might be more but either way it will not be $200 plus shipping.

Group Buy Participants

AUS/NZ/Europe
1. Kevin D (NZ) - Tracking - EE123744234TH
2. Phoebe G(AUS) - Tracking - EE123744225TH
3. William S (AUS) - Tracking - EE123744217TH
4. Scott G (AUS) - Tracking - EE12344279TH
5. Edgar S (AUS) - ...Shipping with Steeko
6. Resse D (AUS) - Tracking EE123744509TH
7. Nick R (AUS) - Tracking EE123744282TH
8. Geoffroy D (Belgium) - Tracking EE123744319TH
9. Patrick M (AUS) - Tracking EE123744305TH
10. Shan L (AUS) - Tracking EE123744296TH
11. Shan L (AUS) - Tracking EE123744296TH
USA
1. Jason O - $24 SHIPPING 09/16/13
2. Timothy M - $24 SHIPPED
3. Ancil N -$24 SHIPPED
4. Phil D -$24 SHIPPING 09/16/13
5. Dustin F - SHIPPED
6. Vern A - $24 SHIPPED
7. Jason C - $24 SHIPPED
8. Jeff L - $24
9. David H - -$24
10. Thomas R - $24 SHIPPING 09/16/13
11. Jim J - $24 SHIPPED
12. Michael A - Waiting for Spoiler Trim
13. Carlos C - $24 SHIPPING 09/16/13
Canada
1. Kyle B - Waiting for Spoiler Trim
2. Dale Z -$35.79 SHIPPING 09/16/13
3. Dale Z - SHIPPING 09/16/13
4. Steve T - Pick up
5. Tony P - Waiting for Spoiler Trim
6. Olivier L -$26.46 SHIPPING 09/16/13
7. Cam W - $26.79 SHIPPING 09/16/13
8. Ryan S - Waiting for Spoiler Trim
9. Ryan S - - Waiting for Spoiler Trim
10. Royce - $26.79 SHIPPING 09/16/13
11. Kenny C - $26.79
12. Josh L - SHIPPED

See less See more
#33 ·
Ok let me spell this out for you since you seem unable to read pms or posts here or on toymods.

You are not getting combined shipping; mr ed beat you to steeko.

If you want a seal you will need to pay for single unit postage to yourself.

You are not getting combined postage!

#35 ·
Hey guys...to elimiante any confusion...for everyone EXCEPT North American customers these will be shipping direct from the manufacture. We can ONLY fit 2 seals in one package, there is NO option for anything else. So you either find one other person to split shipping with or you are paying for shiping on your own.

Please let me know if that makes sense now?

#44 ·
Hey guys...I've update the first post with all those that have paid. As always if your name is not on that list please let me ASAP.

I'm out of town for the weekend so won't have time to go over the list until Monday, I have to make sure that all the payments for AUS/NZ/Europe are properly accounted for in reference to shipping. I will do so on Monday and fire off any questions to individuals if I need to.

This gives any stragglers a couple of days, I have received a couple of emails for extensions and I've granted those.

#45 ·
I'm glad to see these selling as well as they are. Especially with the efforts you've put in, George. Hopefully this means more to come in the future.

- Dustin -

#46 · (Edited)
Yes this is doing very well. However, I've gone out of my way to spruke this like mad over the last 2 weeks on every relevant forum and Facebook page I could come across. I even PM'd everyone who voted in the old thread.

I can tell you in planning this that our 'ideal' target for this group buy was to sell around 35 units. So 29 units sold + a few people George is waiting for them to pay is fantastic (will appear on the list soon).

Based on this I can say there is a good chance that a few months down the road we might go ahead with the door window rubber seals and I know we'll get way more sales from those seals.

BTW I have to say the vast majority of the Celica-GTS forum community are totally unhelpful, boring and their forum is a waste of space. Fatwa on Celica-GTS

#47 ·
Josh...if the door seals do happen it won't be for a while as they are more expensive than the hatch seal and the interest in those is nowhere close to the hatch seal. If and when that happens the only way it will is if people pre-pay prior to the group buy and then wait for prototype, production and deliver...which means months. I took a big risk on this product paying for production prior to collecting funds, I did it to show people that I do have interest in these products and if people have interest and buy them I will continue to make more products. But none of this stuff is cheap and the door seals will easily be in the $200 to $220/pair range, I took a calcutated risk on these seals but will not do the same with the door sales. The lack of interest is diminishing my confidence that I can break even any time soon.

#48 ·
Ok fare enough but remember I haven't spruked the door seals on any forums or Facebook pages yet so that might explain why there's such a lower amount of interest.

Look to be fair you only gave this group buy 2 weeks when in reality we should have given it over a month because many people are paid monthly and many members only login once a month.

Therefore, considering we've sold over 30 units in 2 weeks and our target was 35 that's pretty damn good in the scheme of things.

Depending on my financial situation in a few months I might be willing to put down an order for say 10 units to help subsidise your cost and I’ll sell them on Ebay or something.

#55 ·
Just 2 but they are from North America so doesn't delay things for anyone else. I was out of town all weekend so didn't have time to go through all the Australian/NZ orders to ensure all shipping payments were properly applied. I'll settle that all by tomorrow night and we'll start shipping those out and getting the rest to me here.

#58 ·
Ok...verified and everyone that has paid should be on the list. If you are not please let me know ASAP. In terms of the Australian/NZ orders, I only have 2 people who are splitting shipping and that's: Mr Ed and Steeko...is this correct? I never did get an email/pm from you two stating this, I saw you post up on this thread but before I ship out PLEASE confirm 100% that I am shipping Steeko 2 units and Mr. Ed is getting his from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.