Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN]MK2 OEM and Top Secret Style Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Group Buy

63K views 246 replies 39 participants last post by  mk2s 
#1 · (Edited)
It took me a little bit longer to set this up than I hoped but it's been a crazy summer. We are finally ready to see if the MK2 Community wants this vented hood we've been talking about for years. Thanks to Don L who has done all the hard work, this wouldn't be possible without Don and Dave S for doing all the test fitting.

Unfortunately I hate to report that pricing for all products has gone up since we last chatted about this. This isn't me, this is straight from Advan Carbon so unfortunately with my pricing going up so does yours...ideally it's only 10% and shouldn't scare anyone who was serious about this product.

Here is what are shooting for the product to look like(thanks T for the design):

Here is a production version of the MK3 model, the MK2 version will not have the small vents up near the top and the vents will be more angular:

All other details on these hoods can be seen in these thread:

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?69410-Don-s-Carbon-Fiber-Hood-Ordering-Info

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...F-Hood-Test-Fitting-and-Supra-Meet-in-S-Calif

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?68252-CLOSED-Carbon-Fiber-Hood-Survey-Yes-Again!

That being said here's all the info you'll need to get in on this:

PRICING

OEM Carbon Fiber Hood if I sell 10 OEM Hoods: $602
OEM Carbon Fiber Hood if I sell 20 OEM Hoods: $541
Top Secret Style Hoods regardless of Units Sold: $770 - for this to even be possible we need 10 Sold

All pricing is Plus shipping, that is still being worked out but bank on:

Continental US Customers: $160
Alaska, Hawaii, Canada: $290
International: Please Contact me

PAYMENT TERMS

50% Now, the other 50% + shipping due just prior to shipping. For example, if you want a Top Secret Style Hood you will need to send: $385. For those ordering OEM hoods you'll need to send $301, if we end up selling 20 your second payment will reflect the discounted price.

Paypal Address: payments@raptorracing.com ...please note it MUST be in US Dollars

If you can't pay by paypal or if there are Canadians who would like to pay via other methods: (cheque, emt etc) please contact me.

If there 2+ people in one location there might be a possiblity for discounted shipping rates.

TIMELINE

It will take approximately 2 months from the time the group buy ends till they will be shipped out. Please note that's an approximate date, it could be faster or slower. Dave S. will be helping out with this to ensure it's up to our standards so if any changes need to be made quality and design will always come before a fast shipping date.

Group Buy Deadline is OCTOBER 31, 2013 ...I'm just like all of you and like to hang onto my money as long as possible. Please note though that on October 20th I have to give Advan the green light, if I don't they will have to re-quote which means another potential increase. IF you are 100% serious and IF you have the funds it would make things a LOT easier if you sent them before the 20th. I'd make that the deadline but I want to give folks as much time as possible to collect the necessary funds for this.

We have already sent Advan a hood to ensure we can get this done, but IF for ANY reason we run into complications and can't funds will be IMMEDIATELY refunded. I don't see this happening but want peoples minds to be at ease if the impossible happens.

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Your Payment MUST include:

1. Full Name and Forum Name:
2. Full Mailing Address (NO PO Boxes):
3. Phone Number

I keep requesting this for group buys and people fail to read this which causes more work for me as I have to run around for the info. If your payment does not include this information your payment will be refunded ASAP. If you do get a refund check to ensure you have given me all the above info.

QUESTIONS

Please do NOT PM or Facebook message me unless you want a delayed response to your questiohn...all questions should go to: george@raptorracing.com and it would help if you put "MK2 CF Hood Group Buy" or something equivalent in the title.

OEM Hood Group Buy Participants

1. Dean L. (Deanfun) - Paid
2. Wiliam O. (Tonto) - Paid - email sent
3. Jesse B. (MrBubbles) - Paid - email sent
4. Michael F - Paid - email sent

Top Secret Hood Group Buy Participants

1. George T. (Raptor Racing) - Paid
2. Raj S.(Rsdeo) - Paid
3. Dan D.(supraholic) - Paid
4. James M. (infamos) - Paid - email sent
5. Guido - Sold to Michael F
6. Leon (Lee MA61) - $575
7. Dustin F(8055M4n) - $575
8. Chadrick L(CLToy) - Paid - email sent
9. Karl S (kdsii) - Paid - - email sent
10. Tom L. (Atl Racer) - Paid email sent
11. Mike R(85soops) - Paid email sent
12. Dennis P(pogipogi) - Paid - - email sent
13. Joshua C (JAC) - Paid email sent
14. Patrick B (toy1983) - Paid
15. Kit P (eithysixxmkII) - Paid email sent
16. Keme K(mkii_noob) -Paid
17. Will M(Supra_toy) - Paid email sent
18. Chris S(Blaze) - $575
19. Jesus U - Paid email sent

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I guess there will be two Top Secret hoods riding on Simmons FR17 wheels. I'm in also! Give me a few days to secure payment!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

#7 ·
mmmm broke kid want this........do I REALLY need to pay rent this month????

:-( yeah, I do.... :-(

-Cody

#8 ·
Definitely count me in George. Let me know when you're ready for a deposit.

Thanks!!!

#12 ·
oh you know I like to nag you.. haha haven't had the chance to do it in awhile. ;) I would send you payment for both today, but i found some old school JDM Aero parts and shipping is going to kill me. haha

serious question time, when sending the deposit, do we need to add for paypal fees or do you already have that figured in? I may have skimmed over it.

PS if we are short on the top secret I will switch the oem hood to a 2nd TS hood.

#14 ·
Paypal fees not necessary...

I hate to ask, but would it be possible to get one w/o the carbon final layer at a lower cost? Due to wanting to have a paint matched hood?
Unfortunately believe it or not that would make your hood more expensive...so this isn't' really doable.

#25 ·
George,

I was going to send you a PM but thought that others may want to know your responses as well. After being told by Advan that this version would NEVER be made, I now face the choice to purchase a third hood. I am a team player and not sure if these will ever be made again. If you could indulge a couple of questions:

1) Will there be wire mesh or reinforcement at the area of the openings? An integrated black mesh would add rigidity, obscure view into engine bay, and not prevent vent from being functional.

2) Will there be inserts for these vents that can be installed on an as needed basis? (rainy days, washing car, etc.)

3) Are washer nozzles being included, or optional like the previous OEM group buy?

4) Hopefully a given, but the TS hood uses the same bracing underneath...or how much is included?

If I missed these answers somewhere, please forgive me. Thank you for your time.

Chadrick

#26 · (Edited)
Hey Chadrick...excellent questions. I will try to answer them as best as I can, if something isn't clear please let me know.

Will there be wire mesh or reinforcement at the area of the openings? An integrated black mesh would add rigidity, obscure view into engine bay, and not prevent vent from being functional.
Yes...please see pix below of the MK3 TS hood. When I talked to Don months ago he mentioned this was included but I will make 100% sure I report back.

Will there be inserts for these vents that can be installed on an as needed basis? (rainy days, washing car, etc.)
No...this would increase the price DRAMATICALLY. It's something we can possibly look into after but not I have the time for right now.

Hopefully a given, but the TS hood uses the same bracing underneath...or how much is included?
Yes, virtually the same with slight modifications to accomodate the vents. The picture above of the MK3 unit should help you visualize this.
Are washer nozzles being included, or optional like the previous OEM group buy?
Optional, just like the last group buy. Thanks for reminding me, prior to going to production I will send out an email to see who will be using the nozzles. Keep in mind the "bump" for the nozzles are there whether you will be using the nozzles or not...just like with the OEM hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.