80s shuttle buttz - Page 28

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Those are great motors. From an auto car? I wonder if the auto GEs are easier to get running right with the factory ecu. The vvti GTEs from Aristos are a pain to make run right on the factory ecu in another car and manual.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

i could not get my vvti GE auto to run rigth for the life of me with the standard ECU, but if u get it running i guess its the best NA option!
    other JZ's are like 30 mins and its running but the VVTi i was struggeling for days..
    the problem i had was the electric throttle body, tried swapping it for a non electric TB from a non vvti but that did not work at all...
    i guess u need the body harness of the car, an possibly the throttle pedal?
    if u go standalone just get a non electric TB and a standalone that manages vvti and you migth get a few extra horses if u tune it rigth?
    excited to see how this turns out
    Toyota Corolla KE20 RallyRolla, 4A-GE 150hp+ , ae86 struts, trd short stroke etc..
    Toyota Corolla KE20 Stance, 980mm of road slicks, bike carbed 2T-C
    Toyota Corolla AE86 Under full restoration
    Toyota Crown RS50 1969, going to get 5M-GE Twinturbo
    Toyota Supra MA61

CelicaSupra.com Member battleaxe's Avatar
    im going link ecu as i understand you need everything to the key to make it work and i dont have time or patience for that. i will be keeping this tb and getting the elect throttle delete piece from DM more than likely to allow it to function like a normal TB. i have a non vvti 1jz TB and it wont remotely work unless i disassemble the entire body and work witchcraft. its a way down the pipeline as i have a bunch of other stuff to do before doing this. going to use this as a skid car again this year. get the kaaz and 2j to go in after, should be near perfect after this next batch of mods

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member battleaxe's Avatar
    been a while.
    having some fueling issues currently. changed the fuel filter, added an adj fpr. saw i was getting erratic fuel pres. so i got a bosch 044 pump and some adapter pieces and put that in. fixed it for all of 3 laps of drifting, then the fuel issue started up again. going to look at the tank and see what is broken/rotted/falling apart. i understand there is some sort of strainer in the tank, being an 82 its an inline pump.

i met Orido-san by the good graces of coincidence while on a visit to see his daughter here in Victoria.

heres a snap of me drifting one of the 3/4 laps from last monday

and did my first real grip event at mission at the end of May in my civic.

Thread Information