Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Have we lost the ability to post high quality pictures? what has changed?

14K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  AG_admin 
#1 ·
i have noticed a few changes recently. i guess due to the exchange of ownership of the site. nothing has really bothered me so far. (still getting used to peoples info being on the other side...)

Today i updated my build thread and noticed that it seams like the pictures are smaller than before. then i realized that its actually cropping off the width of my photos. i posted a picture of Half of the deck surface of my block. the pic shows three cylinders on PhotoBucket. when i dropped it on my build thread its cropped down to Two cylinders.

What changed? am i supposed to change the format or something? or like, Reduce them before posting?

i dont see what good a car forum is if we can only show each-other two-thirds of our rides.....

not exactly a big deal. just wondering whats up.

#33 ·
thanks!

i was over at a friends house over the weekend and i hopped on here on his PC. the pictures looked like they were fine. so maybe its just a problem with certain browsers?

i am mainly using Safari on a MAC. i think my friends PC was running windows 7 with FireFox. dono if that makes any difference....

i did also notice a ton of ads when i was on his computer. seamed a little out of control. making the second post of every thread an add is just too much fellas.

#36 ·
So, Hows about you guys put it back the way it WAS. and work on your new format or whatever. and then LATER, AFTER you get your duckies in line, drop a WORKING version of this format back on our forum? (is format right? im computor-stoopid)

some people are already calling this forum "dead" not my words but its been said a few times recently before you guys took ownership. if it wasn't dead before, the lack of good pics will kill it now.

all those spiffy new adds yall put up wont be any good if nobody's on the forum to see them. its been WEEKS sense i posted this thread. i know i am not the only one who is irritated by this. please get on it. if you cant get your format to work than give us the old one back.

#37 · (Edited)
I apologize for the wait but we are having a bit of trouble installing the image re-sizing plugin. Please be patient with us while we fix the issue. Also, thank you for letting us know about the "dead" forum issue. I will bring this up in our next meeting and maybe we can set up a ride of the month contest of sorts.

Once again, I do apologize for the wait.

~KM

Update: The image issue should be fixed now. could you please try posting pictures again?

#41 ·
well, its a LOT smaller than images used to be around here but at least the whole picture made it onto the page. thanks.

as for the "dead" issue. a contest would be fun and i think a lot of us would enjoy it but i believe that the problem lies a little deeper than that. the whole reason why this forum is so awesome is because of the information that the community shares with each-other. if the people with the information leave than the forum will fail.

if there is one thing i have heard over and over again sense i joined this forum its got to be the "Guru's" getting fed up with Noobies asking questions that have already been answered. Maybe you guys could try to improve on the site's Search Function.

a more effective search system would do more for this site than any contest short of one with Cash prizes.

Also, it seams that the little smiley icons and some people's signatures still arent showing right. not nearly as big of an issue as the pictures was but an issue none the less.

#44 ·
well, its a LOT smaller than images used to be around here but at least the whole picture made it onto the page. thanks.

As for the "dead" issue. A contest would be fun and I think a lot of us would enjoy it but EYE believe that the problem lies a little deeper than that. The whole reason why this forum is so awesome is because of the information that the community shares with each other. If the people with the information leave, then the forum will fail.

If there is one thing that I have heard over and over again: since I joined this forum it's got to be the "Guru's" getting fed up with Noobies asking questions that have already been answered. Maybe you guys could try to improve on the site's Search Function.

A more effective search system would do more for this site than any contest short of one with Cash prizes.

Also, it seems that the little smiley icons and some people's signatures still aren't showing right.

Not nearly as big of an issue as the pictures was, but an issue none the less.
I'm all over that idea,BUT THE POWERS THAT ARE HERE may not have the money to do that. It's a monster project that needs a lot more than just us to make happen. $5,000 in a new server bank of dedicated memory and another 6 gig-a-quads of memory? This ain't Google,here. Wish it was.
Dave in Seattle can up his membership (BACK)to the Platinum level again,if you can match my level of membership.
It simply takes a bit of support along all of those lines to be effective.
Money is good,but a community of caring members is a lot better.

I would have a crappy 'search engine' than a pile of un-caring ..(sorry)...terrible people asking unusual questions about stuff we already know the answers to. I don't want this to be face-fuck for any reason. Oops,I used a cuss word.

Why can't we all be EXCELLENT to each other on this forum and UP to a paying level and prove it?

This forum is free? It may not be,soon.
Actually,some forums require a membership fee to um... Filter out the free-loaders. Sorry,again.
The De Lorean forum is that way in Seattle.
If we CHARGED admission,would the problems go away? No.

#45 ·
if this site started charging admission i would be gone.

i love you guys but i am poor. cant be paying for forums when i can barley afford to keep my straight talk plan active...

maybe if it were like $5 a year. but tack a $10 / month fee onto this forum and all your going to get is tumbleweed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.