Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

"CelicaSupra.com site issues section" issues

13K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  ddd228 
#1 ·
The most obvious issue is that CelicaSupra.com is misspelled for this forum section as CelicaSurpa.com. Another issue with this section is that the post new thread button doesn't show up under this section(yes, I'm signed in). Also, I just noticed that smileys are not working.

#35 ·
Have noticed it on all my posts. It's been happening for quite a while, but I am just now reporting it since I was off the forum for a few months because of my now finished home improvement project.

Ken.

#37 ·
Maybe I'm missing something here. Why should a new post anyone makes show up when they check for new posts? You made the post so it wouldn't be new to you. It should however, show up when anyone else clicks on new posts as it would be new to them. Just as when someone else posts in the same thread, you'd then see the thread under "What's New" as there would actually be something posted that is indeed new to you. This makes total sense to me. Just like the forum knowing what's new to me since I last logged in. Otherwise, what would be considered new posts? Something from today, this week, in the last month or year? Any of those could be in a category called recent posts with some reference somewhere to what's considered recent. How this feature operates seems exactly like it should be to me.
The same can't even be remotely stated for the search feature compared to how a site specific Google search works, for example. However, as frustrating as it is, I have to be honest and state that more often than not, something very interesting and usually very useful, although completely irrelevant to the search does show up. This might be something I might have searched for before and was unsuccessful in finding. But it's just as likely to be a gem of very useful or very interesting information that I wouldn't have thought of searching for. So please, leave the crappy search function exactly as it is. There's always the Google site specific option which does work as expected. I just wish that I'd remember to use it when it would really help me out. But I almost never remember it when I actually need it. That's definitely not a software or IT problem, at least not one isolated to this site!

#38 ·
Previously, new posts by any poster, even the person reviewing new posts because they just made one, always showed up when the user clicked "new posts". If you are a member of SF or SM, you will see this feature works as it previously worked on this site. Now, for some reason. it does not. Also, there is no way to know if others see your new post unless, of course, they respond to it. Then, as RedP85 said, the same issue arises again, at least for him and, possibly, others as well.

Ken.

#39 ·
Well, I still think this works like I think it should, whether or not it actually did used to show anyone and / or everyone their new posts as well, which I have no problem believing you that it did. I would likely have ignored this behavior anyway seeing it as redundant or more accurately as an inadequacy in what's defined as new to me not excluding my own posts.
I can understand your concern that new posts might not be able to be seen by you or any other users. But I can't understand how a post could be saved yet not be seen by any users without generating some sort of error when being saved. Although it's not absolutely impossible for this to have happened in any version of any software ever, if it indeed did, the issue was likely fixed long ago in the code. However, it could still be set to show your new posts to you as well if that's what user(s) preferred. It could also be an option available to individual users. I can also understand that if any forums had had a problem with this happening at any time in the past, that that option would likely be set as the default for them. So it makes sense that if this option is available and / or the default on other forums, at least those running the same underlying software, it should still be an option here. But it could also have been an option in older versions that was added due to a different issue that had been fixed and never removed later. But in later versions, if it wasn't a needed or wanted feature, it would have been eliminated or could have been moved to another level or place in the interface. It could be due to a multitude of other reasons or causes as well. But why this is happening to any or all users of this forum as well as whether or not the issue can be fixed and / or why or why not and / or can or can't, will have to come from a site administrator. That's my 2 Canadian pesos worth.

#40 ·
celicasupra.com site NOT secure?

I'm on Chrome and even in the "In cognito" mode.
I never noticed this before.:duh:
Same issue with pandora.com

If I go to Pandora on Opera browser-no problem.
http is not the same as https.

When I go to Pandora on Chrome,I get this LARGE warning.
Anyone else?
Google stated that they will flag http sites with that warning in 2017.
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=77329 = NOT SECURE? HUH?

#41 ·
The gap in security your browser is pointing out is common on most sites, but Google, firefox and IE has decided to start highlighting it now. It's telling you that the site is vulnerable to a MIM attack (or Man in the Middle), where someone intercepts what you are typing on the site. Since everything you type here is view-able to all, this has never been a thing that made sense to protect against. As long as you aren't typing your password into a thread in plain text, or your bank info, this doesn't affect you.

All that said, we are going to be upgrading all of our network over the coming months to HTTPS to make our pages secure.

#42 ·
Thanks for your prompt reply. Good to hear that you will be upgrading soon.:salute:

This site has been the same way it's levels of security for a long time,but now Google and others have decided to flag all http sites with that warning.

We will continue to use this site with confidence while just being careful,as always.
It's not a good idea to post your email address or your phone number on ANY site,anyway.

I get a BIG warning when I go to Pandora on Chrome,not so much here.It's a good idea to have a few extra browsers,anyway.

Bottom line: NOT TO WORRY.
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.