Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Wiring Diagrams

60K views 35 replies 29 participants last post by  gamble 
#1 ·
#20 ·
Hello
been searching for a aristo wire diagram for a long time. can anyone help? trying to put together a sc300 wiith the ARISTO MOTOR. another question, does anyone know how to iidentify the map sensor on the aristo motor? Thanks.......:rolleyes:
Anyone?
Pretty Please?
LOL

#13 ·
If your harness has one large block connector with lettering A,B,C,D inside and two others that fit into the ECU, I have decoded the harness and will post results soon. That connectir I believe fits into an adaptive harness which then feeds the third ECU connector, but I haven't seen one in person yet. I hope to uncover a clip with wiring intact to see what it is all about.

#21 ·
Aristo wiring diagram?

Ooops-dbl post.:duh:

#22 ·
SC300 + Aristo swap = you going to SupraForums, Club Lexus, or Clubna-t for help, since neither one of them really has anything to do with us. Those places all should have the info your looking for, or know where to find it.

#26 ·
#27 ·
Hi Folks,

Ok, it seems that most of the 1JZ sites are defunct. I just got done tracing the body wiring for a JZX90 Chaser engine since I can find lots of ECM pinouts, but nothing for the body plugs. Since I don't yet have any pictures, here's a description of the plugs, the wire colors, and their functions. Now, I have removed the traction control and test plug wiring from my harness, so I don't have a lot of detail on those. These particular plug connections are for the 7M, since I'll be pulling the 7M wiring out, and replacing it with the 1JZ wiring in mine. I'm including the function as well in case you're going straight from the 5M to the 1JZ.

I haven't wired the engine up yet, but this is where the wires go within the harness...

20 pin plug near the ECM plugs on the engine harness:
B = tach input, from the ignitor. Connect this to your tach adapter's input.
Br = manifold ground (front). This connects to the manifold ground closest to the front of the engine (there are two). Use this to ground your gauges.
W = goes to the A/C compressor. Not yet sure which function it performs. There are three wires to the 1JZ A/C compressor, instead of just one... I believe the high pressure switch is included in the compressor, so this would make two of the wires moot (use the MA61's high pressure switch instead).
R-W = A/C plug (same)
Y-R = water temp idiot light trigger (the single wire coolant temp sensor). I'll be using this wire to run the signal to my aftermarket gauge/sender.
Y = speed sensor from the transmission. This goes to your electronic speedo, if you have one.
R-L = goes to the reverse light switch on the trans.
B-W = speedometer sensor middle pin - I believe this is the ground. Will update when I verify...
Y-L = oil pressure sender signal. I'll be using this to transmit the signal from my aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

The next three plugs are together, but are about 18" away from the ECM on my harness.
14 pin:
B-Y = injector and ignitor power supply wires. Wire this to B1-17 (ignition switch provides the power) There are two B-Y wires, one big, one small. I'll be wiring these together since they're both fed by B1-17 on the 7M.
W = test connector, not sure which pin since mine is gone.
Br = intake manifold ground (rear). Goes to the rear manifold ground. Would also be a good gauge ground.
B-W = two of these, which connect together and go to the 34p ECM plug on the 1JZ harness. Should be an ECM earth.
G = A/C plug. I believe this is the clutch wire, but will have to verify.
R-W = test connector
B-R = switch power from the EFI Main Relay. B1-9 on 7M harness. Two of these, which I'll be wiring together.
B = also the tach signal, from the ignitor. I'll be using the one from the 20 pin plug, above.
L-R = test connector

13 pin plug with G, L, Br-Y, Y, W, Br, and R = traction control motor wiring. Gone from mine. Br goes to manifold ground, the rest go to the Traction Control butterfly stepperl plug.

22 pin plug:
G-Y = hydro fan sensor - removed.
W = hydro fan sensor - removed.
G-W = test connector.
W-L = test connector.
G = test connector.
Y-R = test connector.
R-B = power to both the reverse light and speedometer sensor on transmission. Should be switched power.
Y = goes to one of the ECM plugs. Have to verify, but I believe this is the speed sensor input to the ECM. Would come from the VSS sensor on your gauge.
Y-L = goes to one of the ECM plugs as well. Not yet sure what this one does.
Lots of empty pins on this one.

There's another plug near the ECM, which was capped on mine, and appears to be used for the ABS or traction control system. I ignored it, since the wires all just loop back to the ECM.

There are a couple of connections that you have to make to the ECM that aren't in the engine harness. There are two B+ wires, which are wired to the EFI Main Relay, one Batt wire, which is wired to the 15A EFI fuse (or the hot side of the EFI Main Relay), and the speed sensor input. These are well documented in the JZZ30/JZX100 world. I had to order a plug, which I purchased new from Phoenix Tuning. A bit spendy, but I don't have a lot of time to scour the salvage yards for good ECM plugs from a V6 Camry or Avalon...

That's what I have for now. Hopefully this site'll stay up for a looong time to come, since this is the only copy I plan to post.

Cheers All!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.