[OPEN] Advan Carbon Fiber MK2 Hatch Group Buy - Page 11

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member project supra's Avatar
    I have been watching my emial in box religiously. I am so amped for this! Happy engagement to me! Haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Congrats everyone for making this happen! I wish I could have contributed but it has been a really bad month for me ( house a/c failure in So Florida = excruciating bills).

Looking forward to seeing these on people's cars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    -shirts, stickers, posters & more!-
    Hidden Content
    -more shirt styles, magnets, wallets, mugs and more!-

1985 P-type 5 speed
    6MGE
    10 years strong 4-20-08
    1984 L-type Auto - Bone stock & broken Hidden Content
    acquired 6/17

Quote Originally Posted by tstefan View Post
    i so need a raptor racing sticker for my car, but i do not see them on the raptor website. where does one acquire such a fine piece of flair ?
    It's number 872 on my life of "things to add to the site". For those who want any, remind me the next time you order and I'll throw 2 in your shipment. They come in 2 styles...the way you see them on Dans car above with the logo grey'd out and full color meaning the "Raptor" is green and black not grey. For those that ordered hatch seals I'll throw in 2 stickers for you, just let me know which one you want...same with the first 18 who are getting a billboard sticker...I'll throw in the stickers that Dan has...just let me know what color...just reply to the email I just sent if you want a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    George is an amazing person
    Period
    You haven't spent enough time with me, I can be an A-hole but have to play nice being a "respectable" business owner

Email sent out to all group buy participants, you are required to read and respond by July 6th even IF you have already told me your preferences. IF you haven't received an email in the next 10mins check your spam bin and if it's not there fire me off an email asking me to send it to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Tim...btw folks here is what the "bump" or imperfection looks like when you choose to not drill:

That's a photo of the hood washer jets undrilled.

I replied to your emial. At first glance I thought that bump was a little big but now that I have looked at it for awhile doesn't seem bad at all. Thanks for all your time you put into this George. Can't thank you enough it seems like a massive project to take on and we only saw the progress of it. Not all the hoops and conditions to jump through and meet.
    Last edited by project supra; 07-03-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Would've been nice if there was a dime or a loonie or something there in the pic to get a size comparison with the bump.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1988
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '86 red Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016
    '85 black Mark2 6m Frankenmotor 5sp 2017

George are you and anyone else interested in plexiglass/clear perspex glass replacement?

Could this be done?

Well Advan said they can get this done for us but I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative. For me I'd prefer to just keep the glass for now and I have a few feelers out there for Lexan replacement but I didn't want to spend too much time until I knew the hatch's would be made for sure. Not sure I can work it out by the time the hatches are done and even if I could considering the cost of the hatches I'm not sure we can get the number we'd need to have a company produce these for us.

Going to make some follow up calls next week to see how far I can get on this.

Has anyone decided on color stickers for em yet? I'm thinking black would be really subtle, but i'm trying to find some more pics of sticker colors on black hatches as a fairly close example...
    https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...l=1#post798316
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

I made a few special requests willing to pay more if needed. I asked to have a color as close to terracotta as possible and scaled down a bit. I thought a terracotta on carbon fiber with my car being terracotta would be one of those extra little details that really set the car off when finished. I can't wait to put the hatch on. As far as glass and seal removal and install can anyone post a quick step by step. Will search fourm later when I get off work. Also my car is an 83 and I read I won't need trim pieces because the seal is modeled after an 84+. Is this true?

Thread Information