Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Wheel hoops, barrels or rim halves.

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dannoxyz 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Sadly, there's not much in the way of tires for 16" and smaller either. Back when 16" was the thing, I put 16" wheels on the mk2 and now I have little more choice than I did for stock tire fitment. And my old Jaguar also has 16" stock wheels. I recently bought "used" spares from a Jaguar salvage yard. Seems to me tho that the trend toward bigger and bigger wheels and shorter and shorter sidewalls has to reverse at some point. The road surfaces are going to hell all over the USofA and our politicians don't have the balls to either give up their pork barrel projects and divert funds or raise taxes to cover the repairs. If the roads continue to wear out, we'll all need 70 series sidewalls again before long. Steps down off soapbox....

Reactions: dannoxyz
#7 ·
Update. I got lips and barrels for my 17In SSR's from VR wheels. One pair had the large hole cut too large. They resolved the issue by cutting a new pair. Took awhile to get them but they came out great. Looking forward to putting the wheels on the car once my custom rear 5 lug swap is done. 17x8.5 +3ish

Wheel Automotive tire Rim Tire Tread

17x10.5 +3ish
Automotive tire Wheel Tire Alloy wheel Rim