Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] Advan Carbon Fiber MK2 Sunroof Panel

42K views 125 replies 35 participants last post by  MrBubbles00482 
#1 · (Edited)
APPROVED BY: ME
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Raptor Racing
EMAIL: george@raptorracing.com (BEST way to contact me)
LOCATION: US orders shipping from Advan. Canadian Orders Shipping from Toronto. International Please email me for shipping Information
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM: Advan Carbon Fiber MK2 Sunroof Panel
GROUP BUY START DATE: Thursday December 17, 2015
GROUP BUY END DATE: Friday January 29, 2016
QUANTITY REQUIRED: Need 22 Sold or All funds get returned. That's 22 Paid in Full, 1/2 payments count as 1/2 orders.

Kit Details

All the details you'll need are in the specific link's here

PRICE

Option 1: $350 - Paid for the Panel in Full & Shipping to be paid Later
Option 2: $195 - Deposit. $155 + Shipping Due prior to shipping

Ordering and Payment Information

All orders must go through the website linked above, all pricing is in USD. The price you pay does not include shipping, we don’t have shipping quotes but for Continental USA bank on about $30. Canadian orders will ship from Canada and be roughly the same price. These details will be worked out later.

There are 100% NO refunds, this is a HUGE project that takes a LOT of money to make it work. IF you have something that comes then it’s up to you to sell your hatch privately. We will not be able to entertain any requests for refunds…once the order goes in it’s in.

Canadian Customers pay sales tax calculated Automatically by the shopping cart on the site….there are some glitches with the site and some Canadians aren’t charged tax. You will be asked to send that prior to shipping. There is NO tax for US Customers (except CA Residents)

I know the timing is horrible, but I’m not sure there is ever good timing. I’m allowing once again the option to pay for ½ now, ½ plus shipping before it ships out. Please note, if you chose this option and fail to pay when you are required to pay you forfeit your deposit. Please note there is a $20 fee for choosing this option, this is a LOT more work and also increases our risk so really encourage customers to try to pay in full. If everyone pays via deposit only we’ll need a lot more than 22 sold so please try to only use this option if you need it.

Timeline

Advan has advised they can start this late January roughly, what that means in terms of production and when they will ship is not something I can confirm. Please note, as with the hoods and hatches…Advan is doing us a HUGE favor building these. So if the group buy goes through it will take a few months to ship everyone out. Orders will be shipped out on a first pay first ship bases with Canadians as always getting their products after all US orders have shipped.

As always any questions just let me know!!

PLEASE help spread the word without 22 sold this will not happen now.

Payments

1. Raptor Racing - Paid in Full -RECEIVED
2. Paul C. - Paid in Full -Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
3. Tim S - Paid in Full - - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
4. Tim M. - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
5. Rsdeo - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
6. Joshua C - Paid in Full -RECEIVED
7. Tanya R - 1/2 Payment
8. Keith N - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
9. Scott P - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
10. Daan S - Paid in Full -RECEIVED
11. Yasmany A - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
12. Matthew P - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
13. Frank C - 1/2 Payment
14. Jesus L - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
15. Jeffrey L - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
16. Dan D - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
17. Mike R - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
18. Katelin B - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
19. Jim K - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
20. Bienvenido M - Paid in Full - - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
21. David H - Paid in Full - - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
22. Arthur V - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
23. Jeff S - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
24. Even K - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
25. Jeff T - Paid in Full -RECEIVED
26. Jesse B - Paid in Full - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED
27. Corey C - Paid in Ful - Shipping Paid -RECEIVED

See less See more
#61 ·
Hey guys...sorry for the lack of updates but Advan has been busy completing the hatch's for the hatch group buy. They have 4 of these built, we haven't started shipping out as there is a strong change I'll get them to ship them all to me and I'll handle the shipping of the units. Now that we have units built we can properly price out the shipping so it will take a little bit to figure out if they're going to ship these out for us or if I am.

#68 ·
Hey guys;

as also thanks so much for your patience, I posted up in the hatch group buy section but we ran into some set backs as Advan was affected by the Fires going on in California and that set them back on all their projects. They are just getting back into the grove now. I have questions regarding how fast you guys want these as there are 2 different options, one gets it to you faster but costs more and one takes more time but costs less. I'm sending out emails to everyone, if you did NOT receive an email and you have ordered a sunroof panel please let me know if you don't receive an email in the next 30mins.

#69 ·
Hey George,
Thanks for the update. I did not receive the email, but I'm willing to do what is easier for you as I know putting this all together is a bit of a pain.
Also, i don't know if it matters but I'm #3 on the list but I can wait as i know there are people out there who really need this and my car never sees rain anyway.

#73 ·
Hey guys...I've heard from a few of you but still need to hear from more. So far I have 5 people who want it shipped out ASAP, so I will give those 5 names to Advan and get this process started. This actually works out better as I needed a few guys that are OK with spending a few bux more as Advan said it's very difficult to get 20+ built and prep them for shipping. So in the end if I can get roughly have of them shipped through Advan and the rest shipped through me it will hopefully make this process smoother.

Again want to thank you all for your patience, I wish this was easier to do but at the risk of constantly repeating myself we are blessed that someone even wants to build stuff for us and I'm doing my best to make this process smooth for you guys AND Advan as we want them to keep building stuff for us.

If you haven't replied to the email please do so, if you haven't received it let me know asap...Tanya I just sent you the email.

#75 ·
#79 ·
Hey guys;

first off...I'm REALLY sorry for the lack of updates!! Those of you who know me, know it' not my style...no excuses...the last month has been very "challenging". On top of that I've been having a HUGE nightmare trying to find a way to ship these for what I originally quoted, it's just not going to be possible. I made an educated guess and I was off...I will do my best to cover whatever I can but note that $30 shipping is just not going to be doable. If anyone has any major concerns with this please don't be shy and let me know and I'll see what I can do. Please note though, if everyone has an issue with the price it will be the last time I try something like this. Mainly cause I'm really impossible to gauge timelines on a product I'm not manufacturing, impossible to gauge shipping on a product I've never held in my hand and impossible to keep everyone happy if I can't do either of those accurately. I know it's hard to hear and sucks REALLY bad, but with our cars NOTHING will be smooth from now on when it comes to custom parts/hard to make parts. This one was a HUGE learning experience and I gotta say...can't imagine doing this again for a LONG time.

At the risk of repeating myself, this group buy was a HUGE nightmare and I apologize that my timeframe and shipping quotes aren't accurate...believe me I hate it more than you guys do that I couldn't get this done on time and on budget.

So enough of the drama...so I'll just get to the updates. 1st 5 are ready to ship out, I will be chatting with Advan tomorrow and really hope to get them shipped out by Monday. I will send out emails with shipping amounts to those that we are shipping out to. After that they will be made in batches and things should be a lot smoother once the 1st 5 go out.

I promise I'll pay more attention to this thread, really haven't been on this forum much but I know you guys spent a good amount on these parts so will be my "normal" self from now on.

Thanks guys for your continued support and not freaking out in my "absence"...

#80 ·
I personally appreciate your honesty as well as the update. I'm content with paying whatever amount is necessary to get this shipped to my doorstep. At this point, I just want to make sure it's here before October. What are the chances of that happening?

#82 ·
You're getting parts made for these cars that with out your help might not have ever been produced. If the majority of us have that mind set going into a group buy like this then we should also be expecting that delays and changes can happen at any given point in the production process.

Thanks for the update George. Looking forward to these getting finished up

#85 ·
Ok guys...I've "farted around" with this enough and it's time we get this party started. Shipping and insurance averages $83 for everyone....yes a LOT more than I calculated. So what I can do is cover as much as I can and ask everyone to send $60 via paypal to: payments@raptorracing.com . If you don't have paypal and need an invoice please let me know ASAP.

Those with partial payment, please contact me and let me know if you're ready to cover the rest...if not NO problem...you'll just be on the bottom of the list.

Those outside of the USA, this doesn't apply to you...yours are shipping to me some time this month. We will deal with you guys at another time.

Any major concerns PLEASE let me know, I realize this is 2x what I quoted you and do appreciate that so far nobody is freaking out. But if this is make it or break it for you please email me (link below).

PS...really need the guys at the top of the list to pay as soon as they can as I'd like to send these out in that order as I promised 1st pay 1st ship.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.