Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

SCCA STU build, rework

37K views 185 replies 20 participants last post by  dc1071 
#1 ·
Though I would just start a new thread, so there is no confusion etc.
got the new pedals all mounted and fitted, will make such a nice difference compared to OEM clutter under the dash. Mock up of the shifter, the tranny sits way back compared to W58

See less See more
#7 ·
I really like how you showed us all the welds.

The front looks really great!

#10 ·
That is a lot of progress. :)

#11 ·
It seems like you'd want you rear hoop brace to go down to the floor above the frame rail instead of the shock tower. Since you're cutting the car up this much can you relocate the engine rearwards?

#12 ·
the car will have rear coilovers, and by making this the attachment point it make everything stronger/stiffer, additionally I have rules to follow for class regulations, thus no such thing as engine movement allowed.
in the pics you can see the floor reinforced to tower to roll cage.

#13 ·
Very nice build! That VF30 will still get you about 300bhp. Those other guys better watch out!

Any idea what the final wet-weight will be?

#14 ·
The shock tower is attached fairly solidly to the frame rails. But I can't tell from those photos if there are bars running from the bottom of the rear hoop to the bottom of the middle hoop where it attaches to the floor. The rear rails don't attach to much, you really want to tie them in to your cage structure somehow, and from what I can see the cage as is doesn't stop the rear end of the car from bending up/down. Also, the rear wheel halves are really weak how they mount together. I would tie the c pillars into your cage too. Have you seen this?...

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...L-Bodywork-amp-Slow-Build&p=741400#post741400

#18 ·
The intercooler end tank looks extremely efficient.

#21 ·
That's a lot of bars. I ordered the autopower weld in kit a couple weeks ago, and it looks like what you are doing is well beyond what is required.

Kudos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.