SCCA STU build, rework - Page 17

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Very impressive build, real clean, love the rear arms, all the thought that went into everything... !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supra123 View Post
    Hello All,

just some pics of the car, coming together , thought taken way too long.
    hoping for the first dyno pull in next 10 days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kovfM9VVZY2NuTJi2
    Boy, you took my comment about the rear arms to heart huh? lol

Awesome work man. Saw your post in that other thread the other day but forgot to track down your build thread. Photobucket pulled their head out of their ass btw, and you can add your new photos there now and post them inline here now if you like. I think you didn't get much reaction here because of the unassuming link and no direct images. So much to comment on!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

I can't wait for this thing to come back to Austin so I can oggle it in person. I'll take and post as many photos as he'll let me :P
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supra123's Avatar

Last edited by supra123; 03-11-2019 at 06:06 PM.

big delay due to software issue with Aim data logger and PRO EFI ECU, temperature offsets creating havoc and engine wont run properly, awaiting update from AIM, been 2 months now,
    as always thanks to a wonderful update to software creating all these issue when all was fine before, live and learn I guess.

Is it possible to roll that software back? Car is looking killer as always.
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

got is figured out, the AIm was expecting temps in F, and then converts to C, however the ECU was sending temps in C. thus the AIM was taking C temps and converting to C temps.
    took the coversion instruction line out of the code, and now all is good.
    finally now Iam soo close to being done

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Wow, this thing is amazing. I would love to pour over it in person one day, maybe you'll bring it to a SIV. So how do you feel about actually racing it now? You have so much time and money into engineering every aspect of this car, are you going to be ok with taking it wheel to wheel racing now? lol I don't think I could do it.

Your sheet metal fabrication is awesome, those brake vents are beautiful.

So did you go with the e throttle or are you running the plate inside your TB to delete the drive by wire? Curious if the PRO EFI ECU supports it and actually handles it well. I don't like the idea of drive by wire, but I love how many external devices they were able to toss out by adapting this TB design.

You could easily sell those rear A arms. What hub did you go with, looks like you tossed all of the stock components entirely.

FYI, if you get a pair of the RA64 RCAs from T3, they will stack with the ones you already have. The chintzy 35mm T3 offers out of the box barely accounts for anyones drop. Looks like you have tons of room from the bottom of the balljoint to the wheel so you could easily stack RCAs to fully correct your drop, eliminate bump steer, and more importantly, fix your control arm roll center. I assume you are dropped further then 1.5 inches, which is all the single T3 RCAs account for. You could get away with a lot less static camber and have better braking performance if you got your control arms to actually generate negative camber as your front susp compresses. Of course you get 70mm correction with 2 RCAs stacked, but one set could be milled down to get whatever amount of drop you actually have. I'm in the same boat currently but I'm wheel diameter limited so I have to get creative to solve that problem.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member revvhappy's Avatar
    Beautiful work, but I'm really jealous of the garage! I wish that I could fit a lift in my small garage.

yes Iam going wheel to wheel racing, its the only way. I know the first dent and Ill cry, but then it ok. funny is I have yet to crash.
    in all my years never had a close call.
    as to the car, overdoing it is my middle name. Its a problem I have, never can do anything just ok, always over doing it.
    whether my boat, car trailer etc
    The hub is from a nissan sentra, front wheel drive, they are always over engineered to Torque steer etc.
    I have a height limit in SCCA.
    additionally wheel size is also limited

Thread Information