Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Picture of the day

2M views 10K replies 613 participants last post by  Speedrye 
#1 · (Edited)
I have seen this done on a few other forums, so I thought it might be a good idea for this one.

The purpose of this thread is so people can share a picture they have taken without creating an entire topic for one picture.

Its limited to pictures that each user has personally taken.
And one photo per day, try not to clutter it up with just random pics and a million responses..
Try and stick with a quality photo, instead of posting for the heck of it.

This is not just for Supra Pictures.

I am not sure if there are a lot of serious photographers on this site, so this might not be the best topic for celicasupra.com, but I figured I would give it a shot anyway.

See less See more
#10,141 ·
Well, I finally got the console back together with the new stereo installed so we took our 83 out for a spin.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan

Now to get the air conditioning running at 100%!

Dale

#10,142 ·
Nice! Dale, bring it to Run of the Ogopogo! Its Aug 8th to 11th in Vernon, I can forward you to the group for it if you are interested. Its a fantastic meet!

Also, the All Japanese Classic at the end of August in North Van for a great 1 day classic JTin show, the best north of LA!

I forget, whats the story on your hatch, aren't you missing some decals?

#10,143 · (Edited)
Hi Seamus,

The timing for the Ogopogo doesn't work, but the JTin show is a possibility. It also gives me some time to clean up at least one of the cars.

I removed several external pieces to go for a cleaner look. I took the hatch decals off within a month of buying my car. I planned on keeping the car a long time and figured that the large 'Supra' decal would stop the paint from fading underneath. I felt that eventually any decal would degrade and when it came off there would be an obvious difference in colour.

I'm somewhat sorry that I did that. Perhaps I should have bought the replacement decals in 1983 when they were still available. However, I do like the cleaner look.

Perhaps someday someone may reproduce the Canadian 1982/3 decals. IIRC, the large decal on the right said 'Toyota Celica Supra' and a smaller decal on the left side of the deck read GTS.

Pic courtesy of speed racer
https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/...-83-Celica-Supra-GTS-build&highlight=winnipeg
I don't think that I have any pictures of the rear of my car from 1983.

In Canada, this was the original factory decal layout.

I have the front grill 'Toyota' logo removed, although I still have that. I may reinstall this now that the topic is coming up.

Dale

#10,146 ·
3" to the back!

...from the rear:

Video (quick revs from idle):
[video]https://i.imgur.com/rtQxWLr.mp4[/video]

Cheapy 3" Mk3 exhaust, needed the hangers lopped off, cat welded inline, one 12mm pie-cut on the secondary pipe, and two pie-cuts on the section that goes into the muffler. Weld back on the hangers and bob's your uncle... (Way too much time spent, highly suggest just buying one that fits the mk2 instead.)

--billyM

#10,156 ·
#10,158 ·
Mirai (Future) Hydrogen Cell Toyota

I took this picture here in San Diego back in February. It is a Hydrogen Fuel Cell car called Mirai which translates to Future. Time will tell if it's true. Decent looking body style.

MSRP: From $58,500
MPGe: 66 city / 66 highway
Fuel tank capacity: 32.3 gal
Horsepower: 151 hp
Dimensions: 193″ L x 72″ W x 61″ H
Curb weight: 4,075 lbs

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Mode of transport

#10,163 ·
Just because the weather is cloudy, wet, and depressing, here is a picture from September when I had my car out.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Toyota celica xx

Not particularly well composed. Oh well.

Dale

#10,169 ·
OK, I know this isn't a pic of one of my MK2's, but it is a pic of the Registry database, where there are 860 cars currently. If you haven't joined yet, please do! Many of the old lurkers are there!

Here is the link to the data entry form:
The Official MK2 Supra Registry

#10,170 ·
OK, I know this isn't a pic of one of my MK2's, but it is a pic of the Registry database, where there are 860 cars currently. If you haven't joined yet, please do! Many of the old lurkers are there!
Here is the link to the data entry form:
The Official MK2 Supra Registry
I keep meaning to do this but I only think of it when I'm at work, away from my car and its pertinent info...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.