Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Not sure if anyone is still following this, but here’s some videos after today. Pulled the hose, put the correct size on, and ran a coupler between them. Not it’s not really running at all.
I don’t know anymore. I’m gonna try and make a smoke gun tomorrow but that’s all I got at this point, unless the fuel pump is just dead. The first video is the sound it was making when I was letting it run to build up some pressure and let air out. Although that was tonight. Air should’ve been out anyways.

Thank you

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Also, in case anyone is wondering, someone before me massacred that spot above the pump. Makes things easier, at least. I’ll give them that one..

·
Registered
217 Posts
The pump sounds like it's losing pressure or sucking in air at the pump. I would swap the pump out. The pump should fill the line in a few seconds and make a quite humming noise. What brand is it.

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts
Considering it doesn't look like the screw holes line up on the cover plate the hanger is installed wrong. It takes a bit of trial and error to get the hanger in its kind of a twist in deal. Also that fuel hose with a worm clamp is a fire waiting to happen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hey all. I apologize for the lack of updates. I haven’t had a day off since my last post.

I had a morning shift Sunday so I decided to get an Import Direct fuel pump and strainer. Put it in and filled up a little more gas just in case and viola. Started right up. As of Sunday, no dying on revs, holds the RPM instead of falling back down, idles, etc.

Next I should just need to deal with cleaning some things up, especially electrical connections, and the cooling system.

Im pretty sure I mentioned the coolant leak before, which appears to be coming from literally anywhere. Radiator, thermostat housing, and water pump are all likely. Those will be replaced.

We don’t have a timing belt kit with a water pump at Oreilly, so if anyone has a good brand that comes with both and ends up cheaper than the combo at my discount, Ill appreciate that a lot. Things are going real slow cause of work and I’m trying to save most of one of my paychecks since the economy is the way it is.

She’s still far from perfect, but if I didn’t have dry rotted tires, I could probably drive more than just around the neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
I bought my last water pump from NAPA on line. Looks OK. I modified the WEEP hole. I Added a small tube to the hole.
Gates make really good timing belts and the water pump is not involved.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I bought my last water pump from NAPA on line. Looks OK. I modified the WEEP hole. I Added a small tube to the hole.
Gates make really good timing belts and the water pump is not involved.
Gotcha. I haven’t been able to really find anything online for a all in one kit like that, so I’ll just stick with what I can get at Oreilly. $230 for radiator, hoses, gates timing belt w/ pulley, and pump isn’t too bad. Radiator and hoses are half of that. It’ll be awhile but I’ll get around to it.

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
Blood and sweat will get 'er done. Do that stuff B-4 it gets TOO bloody hot to work outside. NC heat would...KILL me.
The weep hole pees out all over the block and runs down the oil pan and it is a BITCH to diagnose. If you add a small hose to the weep hole .It will be easier to diagnose. Ask me how I know. :unsure:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Blood and sweat will get 'er done. Do that stuff B-4 it gets TOO bloody hot to work outside. NC heat would...KILL me.
The weep hole pees out all over the block and runs down the oil pan and it is a BITCH to diagnose. If you add a small hose to the weep hole .It will be easier to diagnose. Ask me how I know. :unsure:
If I can build up my motivation, I’ll start working on it when I get home at night if it comes to it. About my only choice at this point haha. But yea, even last Sunday it was BAD. Normally I can stand hot or cold as long as it’s not changing every other day—cause then 60 degrees feels much colder than it actually is and 80 feels much hotter—but standing there in the sun, I was drenched. Not fun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
But also, since a I forgot to add the other message, there’s a good puddle of coolant on the ground if I fill it. Some on the radiator, too. Then there’s a nice little mist of coolant from it getting into the fan.

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
Just replace BAD components and go from there.
Coolant is good to have for engine ... REALLY!
I use EVANSCOOL,but it is NOT cheap! 8-*+ is nasty!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Then how come I'm not dead yet? There was a chalk outline on a sidewalk in Phoenix or Vegas that kind of looked like me once, or so I was told. Eerie! If it was me, I hope I got sucked up with a shop vac and not scraped off with a putty knife. Nightmares for all! Free! Sorry, NOT! I promise I won't ever do it again, at least not until next time.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
We'll just fade away when our time comes. Road trip? Hell, yeah. Where to? Anywhere or nowhere? Who cares. Like the guys in the front of the ambulance always say, "Let's see what this baby will do!"

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
Road trip? Yeah,sure. Canada? Mexico? it may over heat in Mexico. Arizona,maybe.
Nevada? Total melt down.
I'll need some golf shoes:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You know the rules. Golf shoes also require delightfully tacky golf pants and a dopey looking definitely not color matching hat. Vests are suggested but shirts are not required. Is the idea to acquire an unlimited supply of mulligans or are you simply attempting to aerate your lawn in style? Is it also true that pants are optional not just at home but in your yard as well if you're aerating your lawn wearing golf shoes? Seattle sure has some goofy rules. Arlington has goofy Ray. A third party (preferably a 5th party) will have to determine who wins here. My guess? Nobody will be able to determine who sucks the least while we're arguing about who's the bigger, better loser. They'll be too busy trying to figure out which one of us is arguing for what when we keep changing our "positions". Tune in next week same time same station for something totally different. Over and outski! 5-5, 2-2 good buddy.

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
BOY! This thread got off track. only multi-lingueal may apply.
MIERDA!
SHIZA!

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Dave and Ray...Boy these posts go back to the Yahoo email days CLASSIC!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Arch, by "CLASSIC", do you really mean old, because we all are? But we ain't dead yet! Isn't Yahoo a southern chocolate drink? We're more yeehaw kind of folks. And I'm definitely a "Woo" person. Just don't ever refer to me as "you people".

81 - 100 of 103 Posts