Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
if you are will to part out the deal I'm still in need of a wiring harness for the motor... as long as it works on an 85

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you are will to part out the deal I'm still in need of a wiring harness for the motor... as long as it works on an 85
if i can get some on to buy that motor or my long block than yeah its yours. Im just affraid that if i cant sell the motors and i sell you the harness i wont be able to afford to buy my engine for the swap i want to do, and i wont have the parts to put a 5m back in the car....
I will keep you in mind and let you know

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Can I ask where you got a 5m crate motor? Is it just a fresh rebuild, or what?

·
Registered
218 Posts
so how far away are you from battle creek mi? if it isnt to far and you still have it i might be interested in it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how far away are you from battle creek mi? if it isnt to far and you still have it i might be interested in it.
still have it, im about 150 miles *id guess* and wouldnt mind meeting up somewhere if youd want *used to go to k-zoo for school and know the way like the back of my hand!*
If you do part it out.... How much would you want for the head?
probably at least $250, the lower end isnt worth much because of the miles and all the bolt ons dont make up much of a diffrence even if i gouge for the wire harness ;) LOL just kidding Jose!
Can I ask where you got a 5m crate motor? Is it just a fresh rebuild, or what?
I got it from a celica-gts member who was going to do a 5m swap in his 83 gts. He told me it was a fresh rebuild from jasper, but had no paperwork to back it. It is either professional or very well done home job. The block was definetly boiled *as indicated by the flash rust on the back unpainted side of the engine* it is very clean with fiew spots of excessive sealent, and all the machiened surfaces on the block are crisp and look to be freshly done. Also i just discovered today when taking more pics that either this engine is a post 85 or the cams were swapped out because the oil ports are 0.050" larger than the ones on the spare head i have. *updated pics now in post 1*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts