Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kinda times the GTE guys have run @ how much boost with what kind of 60' times? Also, if ya could, throw in a little about your setup too... Trying to guage what to expect here in a few weeks.

Rebuilt 5M
Shotpeened and polished rods
3 angle valve job on the head
port and polish
ct-26 @15 PSI (Hopefully anyway..I SHOULD have enough fuel)
HKS EVC I
Split Second MAF/Fuel computer
295 injectors
4.30 rears
5 speed
Stage I kevlar clutch
lightened flywheel

I was originally shooting for high 13's... but I am realizing that I am going to blast that out of the water as Eric is running a 6M-GTE @ 9 psi, and he is turning 13.3's I tihnk he said...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ran a 14.3 sec in the 1/4 mile on my 6MGTE(no intercooler) running 6 psi

MODS.....
CT26 Turbo
3" DP (Open Exhaust)
RRFPR
MSD BTM
Stage III Centerforce Clutch
4.10 LSD
MT Indy Profile S/S Street Slick Tires (G60-14)

I was an inaccurate run for the 1985 MK2.... I launched the car at 3000 rpm and the car launched hard while spinning the tires and the tail is going right and finally straightened up and when I shifted it to 2nd.... it did the same thing.... and 1000' the motor blew and smoke everywhere... later found out that the head gasket is the problem

·
Registered
430 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Just wondering what kinda times the GTE guys have run @ how much boost with what kind of 60' times? Also, if ya could, throw in a little about your setup too... Trying to guage what to expect here in a few weeks.

I would expect somewhere in the high 12's. I guesimated my car somewhere real close to 300hp when I turn the boost up. get it built get it on the dyno to be tuned BEFORE you turn the boost up. things will explode otherwize.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Supra Bob said:

Hell I ran 14.2 with 7psi.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh hell yeah I am getting on the dyno before I turn up the boost... I plan on making sure I am running pig ass rich all the way thru the map until I get to a dyno too... I'm not blowing my budget out of the water on a motor just to blow it up a few days later... LOL.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Oh hell yeah I am getting on the dyno before I turn up the boost... I plan on making sure I am running pig ass rich all the way thru the map until I get to a dyno too... I'm not blowing my budget out of the water on a motor just to blow it up a few days later... LOL.
Thank goodness. I was just going to post about that.

Don't trust that split-second meter thingy. Get on the dyno with a wideband and tune that baby. :)

Good luck, Bob. I'm rootin' for you.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quick said:
Supra Bob said:
Thank goodness. I was just going to post about that.

Don't trust that split-second meter thingy. Get on the dyno with a wideband and tune that baby. :)

Good luck, Bob. I'm rootin' for you.
Thanks Chris! Its nice to have some supporters on this.

I was originally shooting for high 13's... but I am quickly realizing (after seeing Eric posting a 13.3 @ 9PSI, plus talking to Damon Saul) that I should be high to mid 12's once I get it tuned and get a feel for launching this thing.... maybe even low 12's with a few more mods once I get done.

Think I may try and embaress some mk III's and IV's at Vegas... just to remind them that "Old School doesn't mean slow."

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Malloy said:
You are going to ETown right? You know Im a supporter....I cant want to drive another turbo mk2 :D
I'll definately be at Etown as well as at MIR... however, I may not run at Etown, depending on whether or not I've gotten to the dyno yet.

And I know your a supporter Mike... I was refering to the wife actually... she found out exactly how much all this is costing... and was not real pleased to say the least...

Your more than welcome to drive her once I have her tuned tho... car to let me take the "Chickmobile" thru the traps? :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You may need more tire in order to hit those kind of numbers, Bob. Do you have wheels?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I KNOW I will need more tire to hit those actually... And no, no wheels yet. I would get that set of ROH's from Racecardaddy but I don't have the $$$ yet, and I expect that by the time I do (it would be at least Mid-June), he'll have them gone. I am planning on trying a set of 265/50/14's on the rears to hook up... and if that doesn't work, then I will try a set of Drag radials... and if that STILL doesn't work... well, I'll just launch REAL easy and try to keep out of the high boost until I hit 3rd, and rely on the top end to make up for it until I can find a set...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Launch will be very critical. I am only running 7 psi and if I take off over 2200 rpms, I can forget about going anywhere in 1st gear. Granted I am still running 225 AVSi's in the back, the rear end usually slides out to the right a little after shifting into second until it finally gets traction. At 1 bar, you are going to need a lot more tread and a feathery touch on the throttle. I enjoy the kick in the rear I get at 7 psi, 15 pounds must be enough to snap your neck back! As Lewitz would say, Boost is more addictive than heroin. :shock:

Supra Bob said:
I KNOW I will need more tire to hit those actually... And no, no wheels yet. I would get that set of ROH's from Racecardaddy but I don't have the $$$ yet, and I expect that by the time I do (it would be at least Mid-June), he'll have them gone. I am planning on trying a set of 265/50/14's on the rears to hook up... and if that doesn't work, then I will try a set of Drag radials... and if that STILL doesn't work... well, I'll just launch REAL easy and try to keep out of the high boost until I hit 3rd, and rely on the top end to make up for it until I can find a set...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Try the Mickey Thompson INdy Profile S/S they are actually good and I have it on my car and it is actually a street/slick tire until you burn them out.... really sticky like the ET Slicks once you burned out the measurements are 255/60R14 on the stock 14x7 rims and it really looks nice on the MK2....

If you want some pics I can try and get a pic of it and post it....

·
Registered
351 Posts
So Bob-
You are running the 7M-GE 295's with the split second kit, and you anticipate this making enough fuel for 14 psi? What fuel pump/pumps are you running? Do you have an RRPFR? Is the HKS EVC I for boost control only? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sam,

295's, The Split Second MAF, and a stock 7M-GTE pump (which will be replaced with a Walbro shortly afterwards... ) and I should support 14 PSI.

The HKS EVC I is for Boost control/faster spool up only. I also have an old school HKS turbo timer... No RRFPR, tho I may add one later and set if for a 2:1 gain, simply because I will be nearing the limits of the 295's at 14 PSI on stock FP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts