Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
problem seems to be groves in wiper blade where it mounts to stud that turns are worn down...any idea on how to fix this??? thanks.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Assuming you've tightened it and that didn't work, just replace the wiper arm. Hopefully someone has a spare from a parts car they can sell you.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Are you sure it's the wiper arm and not the linkage stud thats worn? I probably have wiper arms and linkage around. PM me if you need anything.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The part comes out with 2 10mm bolts but, check the arm under the plastic vents and ensure the plastic ball joint is not broken off the metal bar. I had the same issue and it was the ball joint popped out and then the arm would just move all over and not turn the wiper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The shaft is steel with serrations. The arm is aluminum. Both are tapered. If the shaft spins in the arm, the serrations eat some of the aluminum in the arm, and it can stay embedded in the serrations of the shaft. If you try to tighten it, it may work if you can get enough friction, but the serrations won't dig into the bore of the arm itself. Clean the serrations with the tip of a knife so that it will bite into the arm again, and you'll be like new.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, I will try and clean the arm, definately not the wiper mechanism under the cowl, is the groves on the arm worn out.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Mine did not work when I bought the car. I needed to make custom knuckles and rebuild the motor. Look around. Good luck. I'd buy a Haynes' Repair Manual, if you don't have one already.

Assuming you've tightened it and that didn't work, just replace the wiper arm. Hopefully someone has a spare from a parts car they can sell you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts