Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It really is not so much what he has done to the motor, sounds like a pretty standard 5mgte running 11psi (?), however, what he has done to the car is another matter. I believe he said the cars weighs 2500 pounds with him in it, the rear looks tubbed......

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I do believe the rear probably is tubbed. Jody did say the rear is backhalved.

Jody, got any daylight pics????

It "almost" looks like I'm looking at Russ M's car when it was still Maroon. This was before he did the silver re-make.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
WOW! :drool: :eek2: :mk2:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
CJSREDPRA said:
I do believe the rear probably is tubbed. Jody did say the rear is backhalved.
U second to that.... that thing is tubbed or backhalved... I think the rear suspension set-up might have been changed too... can you give us the specs set-up of the whole car.... I have some massive rear tires for my drag set-up on the track and it is not even close to that tire size... I am guessing it has a 28x10.5x15 or a more massive 28x12.5x15

BTW, I am sporting on the rear some Mickey Thompson Indy Profile S/S tires sized at G60-14 on the stock 14x7 rims

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
the tires are 28x11.5x15 it has a 4 link suspension whit coil over shocks
yesterday we went to the track to run the starter guy wanted to take a pic of the car leaving the line.
the thing is one of my crew man was screamin to the gay dont flip the switch but he was taking the pic and flip the switch i left shift second and bang two dead piston again thesame no 2 and 5 the thing is there is the pipe running behind the block thad go to the heater it was block of and the rubber booth broke spil all the coolant on the track.
the engine over heated and i think thad was the problem of the melting piston it broke and stil ran a 13.78 the bast time was a [email protected] mph the track was sliping like hell.
and still mi could not test the NOS on the car.
now i will take the engine outto replace the 2 pistons.
there will be a rac e in two weeks.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Jody. Hope the swap/rebuild goes well!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey 82Spearco...what kind of lip is that you have? Is it the Vesatek (spelling)? Looks sweet man!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It is a Kaminari front air dam...not longer available, but is very similar to the Erebuni front air dam that can still be purchased for around $260 USD.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts