Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Possibly there to aid underhood air flow management, for cooling.

Both of mine are in the "spare parts to probably never be used again" box in the garage.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Gamble would know.

It looks like I just ripped mine out.Part of the plastic popper is still there.
Maybe it was in the way when I replaced the last 2 batteries.
I do lose my temper,occasionally.:34:
"What the F#ck is this doing there? Rip it out!"
Like the one that sits in the header panel area. It's LONG gone.(Drivers side)
And my clutch fan,one diff(Non LSD),hood insulator pad and the stock jack.

·
Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
It's for appearance so when you look down thru the gap between the panels you don't see into the engine compartment. The seal on the bottom of the hood also rests on it. The Left side one is usually missing because the clips almost certainly break when removed and you need to take it off to get the battery out. The clip Toyota used was a lame design. It took me a lot of right side ones at the junk to get two to reinstall the left one on my car.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
So that is called a battery whisker,Greg?
It really IS a WTF,Toyota part!
The jerk-weed engineers said"We need this!"

My car runs fine without that battery whisker.
And the carn sarn plastic BS useless hunk of crap that prevents my alloy header/cooling panel from fitting all the way down. Another WTF part.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The seal rests on it so it is actually great for the floppy cf hoods. Any air you can keep from trying to go under it and lifting that front edge up is gooooood.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I managed to get the info off the build plate in the video for the registry!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Having just revisited the link for the pics, found a pic of the firewall plate. Then, I noticed in one of the last pics a telltale dent in the B pillar on the driver side, and I had a flashback to a trip I made to GA. I visited with JohnB, BillyM, Mike Rapp, and a few other cohorts, and if I'm not mistaken, I drove this car.... If this is the same car, the driver door was hit and replaced, but it left a dent in the pillar. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts