Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local track today for one of thier Import Wars series, and while it was a lot of great cars, I saw but one supra racing there. There were actually two supras at the entire show, both MKIV's both red. The one racing was a hardtop, and he consistantly ran mid 13's. I got a few pics of him, and a pic of under the hood. He is pretty much stock with intake piping to both turbos and a giant intercooler. Cant upload em now, but Ill do it tomorrow. The non-racing supra was all stock, targa, and had the worst paint job ive ever seen. It was red, but it had little pink and purple sparklies in it, and it was kinda banged up. Im sad to say I saw no mk2 or mk3's out there, but a ton of old corolla hatchbacks that HAULED ASS and a few decent celicas. I didnt bring out my mk2 this time, but next time I will have the only mk2 there! Yeah! Ill have to let you all know how I do, the next one is coming up in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looking forward to the pics!

How fast were the corolla's running?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most vere actually pretty damn fast. 12's. I dont know what engines they were running, but they were loud and revved very high. When they launched the rear end hopped several inches off the ground, kind of crazy looking.

·
Registered
209 Posts
12's is defintely fast for an old corolla! :shock:

I wonder what they have to do to them to get those numbers?

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea, but all I can say is I have new respect for em!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts