Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have anyone try 13inch wheels on the back of their supra. and will it clear the rear brake calipers?.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
On the REAR brake calipers. Yes, they will clear. I had a set of 13" mesh rims once on a 81 Corolla, and the rims had slotted lug holes. I tried them on my 83 Supra when I first brought it home, hoping they would fit. They fit the rear fine, but not the front. I couldn't see keeping the whole set of wheels for only the rear, so I sold them with my Corrolla.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the REAR brake calipers. Yes, they will clear. I had a set of 13" mesh rims once on a 81 Corolla, and the rims had slotted lug holes. I tried them on my 83 Supra when I first brought it home, hoping they would fit. They fit the rear fine, but not the front. I couldn't see keeping the whole set of wheels for only the rear, so I sold them with my Corrolla.
so 13.25 inch wheel should fit the rear with no problem.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
you would be stupid to run 13s............. very stupid..............................

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you would be stupid to run 13s............. very stupid..............................
these are 15 inch wheel im sending it to get it widening to 10.5inch wide. the place told me that it might not clear the rear calipers. he told me that he will have to narrow the back to 13.25inch. that's why im asking the ?. i guess i'll just have to find some 13 and try it myself.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Now you're contradicting yourself, saying you have 15 inch rims! Of course those will fit, so I don't know where the 13" rim came from. Are these rims steel or aluminum? Custom made? Wait a minute, is the 13.25" section of the rim going to be the center section, where the tire bead goes as you are mounting a tire, before seating the bead? I think I might understand you now...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now you're contradicting yourself, saying you have 15 inch rims! Of course those will fit, so I don't know where the 13" rim came from. Are these rims steel or aluminum? Custom made? Wait a minute, is the 13.25" section of the rim going to be the center section, where the tire bead goes as you are mounting a tire, before seating the bead? I think I might understand you now...
yes these are 15inch aluminum wheels. i was going to send it to get it widenend but he told me that the section that goes over the disc and calipers are going to be 13.25 inchs so he doesn't think that it will clear the calipers. so i assume if a 13 inch wheel will fit the rear then im sure that 13.25 will be just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts