Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many MKIIs came with the 15" stock alloys? Do they fit every year or only the later cars?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The Mk2 L-type model did - the P-type did not.

I don't know the exact number of L-types that did come with them, but they aren't as wide as the alloy wheels on the P-type, nor do they look like the wheels on the P-type.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The '82-84 L-types came with a 14x5.5 wheel that was a different style than the p-type wheel. The '85 l-type came with a 15x6 variant of the P-type wheel. They look pretty much the same, but have a higher offset, +20 if I remember right. THey look very nice on an L-type with 225/50/15 tires.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Chad,

Yep, the 15x6 wheels have a +20mm offset.

kllntyme: These wheels will pretty much fit on to any year L-Type, but they won't fit correctly onto any year P-Type. The +20mm offset will make the wheel sit inside the wheel well too far & the flares will stick out. The L-Type's won't have this problem.

Also the 15x6 wheels make for a great wheel upgrade for MKI's. Damon Saul has done this to his Black 81.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I saw in a picture post that some people were interested in this 15x6 OEM style wheel, but don't know where to get them. When I was deciding to upsize my wheels I came across the following site. They are a Wheel Refinishing company in the USA.

Go to the following web-site:
http://www.aaarims.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi

It asks you to enter a Product ID #. Enter 692131F and Press "Submit Search".

The company is in Holland, MI.

The wheels definitely are flatter in profile than the 14x7 on the P type. I would imagine that a 1/2" spacer would space the wheel out better, but then you've got the issues of longer wheel studs and hub-centric centering of the wheel.

They list for US$155 per wheel less centre caps.

Worth a look for those who like the OEM look but want slightly larger diameter tires.

Dale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts