Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i think thats the exact rim part number for the set i got. Dam if id only new well i wouldnt be suprised if they have extra cuz when i got mine they made a new bach . thinking that makes me feal better. O wait im dumb i got 16x8 not 15x8 but if you wont 15s they will fit just like mine dooooo
Dave

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Man, theres some good deals in there.

Those 5 stars Billy linked to in the Z fitment would in 15x8 would be perfect for the rear. Add the 15x8s for the rear of the chevy truck right above for your fronts and your good all the way around.

If someone wants some dirt cheap wheels that fit really good snatch these up...

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_detail.php?id=129&type=bolt&data=4-4.5#

16s for 70 bucks a wheel...
http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_detail.php?id=127&type=bolt&data=4-4.5

A 10mm spacer front and back with these and you'd have a pretty decent fitment.

Then theres these 17s...
http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_detail.php?id=30&type=bolt&data=4-4.5

what a shame, the offsets are reverse to what we need. They don't even look that bad. The 17x7 would fit great in the rear but not a chance in the front. And of course the 17x8 would fit great in the front but not in the rear. :banghead: Oh well, if you don't mind having wider front rims heres your chance to get cheap 17s that go right up to the flares perfectly, you'd just have to stick with 225s as thats the most you could run on a 17x7.

16x7s that fit decent all the way around...
http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_detail.php?id=131&type=bolt&data=4-4.5

Damn Wes, great find. Who says there aren't cheap wheels available for our cars? :lol: Now if they only listed the weights.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
I think it works out to this for those 17" Centerlines as it states on thier page. If the back spacing is measured from the hub to the outside of the rim.

17X7 4" back spacing = 17X7 0mm offset.

17X8 5" back spacing = 17X8 +24mm offset.

Both will fit on the car no problem front or rear. The outside lip for both will be the same depth. The added inch to the 17X8 rim is on the inside.

Too bad the 17X8s were'nt -24mm. That would have fit on the rear and looked better.

·
Registered
501 Posts
17X7 4" back spacing = 17X7 0mm offset.

17X8 5" back spacing = 17X8 +24mm offset.
so their wheel widths given are from tire mounting edge to tire mounitng edge, and the backspacing from the rim edge to centerline? and the lip is like 1/2"?

what about the Hammers? 16x8, 4" backspacing. then the offset is negative, and just the rim lip width, which should be like 3/8" to 1/2" (10-13mm)? will that fit in the front?

also according to their site, the falcons are available in any backspacing (maybe for an extra charge). how does 16x8, 4" bs for the rear and 16x8, 4.5" for the front sound? i dont think they look that great but hey they're cheap.

shiva

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
The 16x8 hammers would fit perfect in the rear but would really stick out on the front. The 15x7 version of that wheel would fit ok, it would give the same front spacing as an 8 inch wheel with 0 offset.

Yes, they're listing the rim width as from tire mounting edge to edge. I've found that generally the outside lip extends about 1/4 inch beyond that on each side, so a 7 inch wide wheel should measure about 7.5 inchs outside edge to outside edge. Their back spacing is the distance from the outer edge on the inside of the rim to the hub mating surface, not the center of the rim. BTW, all the wheels I've listed and said will fit I did the math to figure out exactly where they lie based on my own experience with various rims I've fitted. I'd gladly post that data and how to figure this stuff out if anyones interested. Wheel offsets are so misleading as they mean nothing relative to each other if the wheel width changes. Backspacing is a much better system, but you always need to figure out the frontspacing to tell if a wheel will rub on your fenders.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dave - I believe you and Wes in FL have the same wheels. I don't see a 4.5" backspace 4x4.5" 16x8" wheel listed .. did you make a special order?
Jay B

onedic said:
i think thats the exact rim part number for the set i got. Dam if id only new well i wouldnt be suprised if they have extra cuz when i got mine they made a new bach . thinking that makes me feal better. O wait im dumb i got 16x8 not 15x8 but if you wont 15s they will fit just like mine dooooo
Dave

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can find them on the Summit Racing website. The Part number is CLL-8066804425

Heres how the centerline part numbers work

Digits 1-3(806) Model number
4th digit (6) for 16" wheel 15" would be a 5, 17" would be a 7 Etc..
5th and 6th digit ?????? Probably has to do with backspacing
8th digit (4) Lug Count
9th-11th digit bolt circle (425) or 4.25" which are also drilled for 4.50" by default

·
Registered
501 Posts
The 16x8 hammers would fit perfect in the rear but would really stick out on the front. The 15x7 version of that wheel would fit ok, it would give the same front spacing as an 8 inch wheel with 0 offset.
hmm. i gotta get 16s, i have a front BBK now :)

Yes, they're listing the rim width as from tire mounting edge to edge. I've found that generally the outside lip extends about 1/4 inch beyond that on each side, so a 7 inch wide wheel should measure about 7.5 inchs outside edge to outside edge. Their back spacing is the distance from the outer edge on the inside of the rim to the hub mating surface, not the center of the rim.
yeah, my bad-- but backspacing does include the lip width, estimated at something about 1/4"-1/2"?

i'm guessing clearance issues are not typically found with the rim rubbing hte strut tower or anything as people have run +24mm on 8" wheels. so the front spacing as you said is what matters. well, taking an 8.5", +12 offset wheel as rsdeo found to be a reaosnable limit for the fronts, you get a front spacing of 3.75" + lip width.

so, (front spacing - lip width) has to be < 3.75"

so for the centerline wheels, all 8" wide

Hammers: 4" bs
front spacing - lip width is: 4" + lip width (yeah that'll stick out pretty far.)

Torino: 5" bs
front spacing - lip width is : 3" + lip width (will these be way too sucked in? with a 3/8" lip width, it's like a +15mm offset wheel if that helps anyone)

Stars: (8" front, 9.5" rear)
Fronts:
3" + lip width (seems fine)
Rears:
4" + lip width (also seems fine, but a 9.5" wheel seems useless unless you're dragging-- suitable tires wider than 245/45/16 are hard to find, right?)

Hatchets:
fronts: 3" + lip width (seems fine)
rears: 3.5" + lip width (might go better with a 10mm spacer?)

Falcons:
you can do what you want-- 4.5" or 5" bs up front, 4" bs for the rear sound reasonable?

as far as the front fitment goes, is it a big deal if they stick out further than the flare? can you grind away from the flare to prevent rubbing or is it pretty much a lost cause?

the Stars look awesome. how much of a detriment is the 9.5" width? will a 245 tire fit ok on a rim that wide? can i find wider tires than 245s that will fit? will 255/50/16s be

hell for these prices, i wouldn't mind getting a pair of stars for the front, and a pair of hammers for the rear, if they'll let me. they kind of look similar...

shiva

·
Registered
479 Posts
Correct 16x8 w/ 0 offset part number

Dave Shepherd corrected the Summit # (thank you!!!) with me tonight.
16x8" with 4.5" backspace ('0' offset) is CLL-8066805425.

Per Dave, 4" of backspace on this wheel will not work in the front.
I'll be rolling on these in about 4 weeks....
Jay
------------------------
SupraWes said:
You can find them on the Summit Racing website. The Part number is CLL-8066804425

Heres how the centerline part numbers work

Digits 1-3(806) Model number
4th digit (6) for 16" wheel 15" would be a 5, 17" would be a 7 Etc..
5th and 6th digit ?????? Probably has to do with backspacing
8th digit (4) Lug Count
9th-11th digit bolt circle (425) or 4.25" which are also drilled for 4.50" by default

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
WHAT HUH??????

Mr. Balducci is finally getting wheels???? :pat: Congratulations!! It's about time!!! Bummers that you were unable to get the Racing Hart C2's.

I'da thought you would be going for the Forgelines instead??? Or is this, this years "self" Xmas present??? :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
These are semi-temporary.... till a RH C2 equivalent comes along in our Mk2 fitment (or until James Razor sells me his :wink: ) ... Forgelines.. could be in the future..still working on next wheel set.. but in the meantime, these will allow better tires to be used..As good as the Pilots are, they don't instill confidence anymore...

CJSREDPRA said:
WHAT HUH??????

Mr. Balducci is finally getting wheels???? :pat: Congratulations!! It's about time!!! Bummers that you were unable to get the Racing Hart C2's.

I'da thought you would be going for the Forgelines instead??? Or is this, this years "self" Xmas present??? :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts