Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I'd rock them especially for that price or atleast resell them for profit.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I guess this particular seller wasn't JDM tyte enough to remove them and expose the wheel studs. All his dorifto friends probably made fun of him...;)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
love the wheels. if i had the money id but them right now...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Gah, those are one of the rims I have been looking for, and yet again, no monies. There was a set of these for sale on here not too long ago also.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Imagine how DOPE those would look on a Black P-type.... NOMZ...

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I have the same set in 15 inch, with MINT center caps that read Hayashi Racing. I don't understand how HRE comes into this, different company and HRE had nothing to do with my hayashis. Maybe these are made entirely by HRE. The center style is a knock off of the Ferrari GTO wheels anyways.

Wicked set and a good deal. If there were 17s I'd be tempted as I'm not a fan of 16s but I'm content with my 15s. Oh, these wheels look killer on a mk2...

http://www.pbase.com/suprafiend/image/39825788

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
oh, and as for the comment about running these without the center caps, you wouldn't either if you had a mint set of them. I may throw them on for a show sometime but I would never risk damaging them on the street, they're too mint and rare to risk. They look just fine without the caps on anyways.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
What year do you think these were made / offered? Not my taste either, but respect them anyway. $$$ = crazy IMO

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
No idea, 90s is my guess. I've never seen another set in person and this is only the first time I've ever seen another set for sale.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I don't understand how HRE comes into this, different company and HRE had nothing to do with my hayashis. Maybe these are made entirely by HRE. The center style is a knock off of the Ferrari GTO wheels anyways.
Im fairly sure Hayashi Racing Equipment is what HRE stands for. They just abbreviated the name when the moved to the states or sold to someone else.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
oh, and as for the comment about running these without the center caps, you wouldn't either if you had a mint set of them. I may throw them on for a show sometime but I would never risk damaging them on the street, they're too mint and rare to risk. They look just fine without the caps on anyways.
How would you damage center caps???

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow i just about had a heard attack :eekfacepalm:
I thought they would be Hayashi Streets... my FAVORITE wheels of all time
And right down the street from my house

It's going to take me a while to calm down again, haha

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
FOR GOD SAKES COPY-PASTE!

the craigslist ad said:
Up for sale is a super super rare custom made hre 505 (Hayashi Racing 505) rims. Back are 16x9 and front are 16x8. 4x114.3 Originally made for a datsun 240z with flairs. So it even comes with a 1" spacer (not required to mount, but could if you want, i wanted to fill the flairs a little more). Will fit your 240z 260z 280z 240sx 510 and other older models with 4x114.3 (but its . Correct offset and backspacing for all s30 cars. Dont miss your chance to own these rare wheels. They are in good condition but the lips could use some love (its chipping and needs to be rechromed or powdercoated or even paint would do the trick.). They are three piece wheels so HRE can polish the lip for you, or you can take them apart and get the powder coated if you wanted too. You could run them as is, repolish them, or take them apart for a full rebuild if you want. By the way, I have all four centers, caps and hardware (which are even rarer to find with the HRE wheels!). NO curb rash what so ever. No bends or anything. Wheels are true (straight). Comes with tires (should be replaced). $800 takes everything. Located in costa mesa ca. Willing to ship. call or text 714.862.8595
--BillyM

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
How would you damage center caps???
Lost one from my Weds Albinos-Completely irreplaceable-My own fault for not inspecting clips/join at wheel, wheel had screwdriver/lug wrench scratch where cap presses into wheel. First hard corner with new tires, bye bye center cap. On topic-Those look great on a MKII-Whouda Thunk?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
theres that, but also the center piece is chromed plastic around a clear plastic lens over the text "Hayashi". Rock chips, sun and weather would do a number on them after a few years. Like I said, mine are like new. Maybe I'll post a pic sometime.

hmmm could be about Hayashi becoming HRE. Hard to find solid history on the company but Hayashi Racing started in Japan in 1970. They sold wheels to fund their racing efforts, which went international by the sounds of it. A fellow I met at JCCS said he worked at Hayashi in California back in the 90s and then they went under. Maybe they sold all their assests to another company and HRE was born. HRE is still opertating out of Cali, sounds like they make their wheels there too. I was always under the impression that HRE was an Australian company. I know two mk2 owners with HREs, could have sworn one of them said they ordered them from Oz, but I could be mistaken.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts