Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well alot of the PacNW have seen this and some photos have been up on CS. So its time to share the fun that is Celica. there is alot for thanks to Mark (Ra24man) for helping me on getting this Celica running and moveing on its own power. Mark has been there from day one of buying the Celica to getting frist time seeing it running and more there after.

why a 77 celica? Well back in High School I used to have a 1977 Celica ST coupe auto, had many fun times in that ST. When I frist saw it over at my Brothers place I fell in love with car, just like the first time looking at a Celica Supra. Well being at the age and I was and no money I chould not keep the Celica. sold it to my cuz and the last I heard the 20r was taken out to be put in a Toyota pickup, and shell is out in some field rusting away.

well lets hit the redo button and start with GT Coupe.

After buying the car had some help form a old friend on getting it home..

there was lots for clean to ...

so I got to work.. oh the smell of smiple green. lol

and some body work.

a week later Mark and Rustly showed up with a bag of parts to get the Celica running.

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,

Well with the Celica moveing its was time to make it stop. With some money I got from helping out Mark at toyota on moveing day, I order up some brakes parts.

well all brake parts.. lol

Well with all parts I took the Celica over to my friend Joe to do the brake work..

and yea it need some brakes... :ugh:

out with the old and in with the new

With the wheels on, that I got off a 82 Celica in a parts yard. It felt good to drive and stop the Celica

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Psst...Paulie...you're not supposed to let it be known I can actually work on carburated cars!

I have only a few words for this car...SAVED FROM THE SCRAP HEAP! Good solid base to start with...love me the old RA24 cars.

Keep it up buddy!

·
Registered
598 Posts
rockin progress!:thumbsup:
ill be watching love this car...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
very nice man :thumbsup: i have always wanted one of these, cant wait to see more!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Its alive, ITS ALIVE ! Great going guys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That thing is crazy awesome. Way to save a classic from the crusher! Keep that up.

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thankyou all, the Celica has been lots of fun and good laughs. Yeap I'm over at 1stgencelica.

Well with the car running and moveing.. it was time to put my skills to work.

And with that there was more cleaning to do with smiple green..
Oh look its Mark .. lol

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skills at work part Two

well some time has pasted and I finely got some weather to take some photos of the Celica but frist back to the wood working I've been playing around with.
yeap more wood .. :ss_bling:

well I started with 2x6" from Ace

then did some cutting

and some glue... :ugh:

with that done I needed these to help me out. yeap 6 1/2" 3 ways

got what I need to do more cutting

with that out of the way I also did work for the back 6x9"

ok ok here it is all done-up

and here is some photos with the good weather.

yes theres still more to come laters..

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fellow 77 Celica owner

I came across your thread yesterday. I know it's a few years old but I wondered if you still check your messages. I have a 77 Celica Liftback. I need to do front and rear brakes, brake fluid lines etc. like you did and wondered where you purchased the brake parts in the picture that you posted on your thread. That's for any info. you can provide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts