Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought this Celica XX a couple of years ago...

...and this is what I have done so far:

Cut off rust in both wheelhousings, fabricate new metal pieces and weld them in place.

Cut off rust in the spare wheel well, fabricate and weld.

Cut off the hatchback edge, fabricate and weld.

Cut off rust on hatchback lock housing.

Remove old asphalt bitumen in the front part, get rid of surface rust and put on new bitumen.

Paint it.

Please bear with my english, I´m Swedish :) I´m Rikard by the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very nice! I don´t think i've ever seen one in real life :) Are you planning on restoring it into original condition?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well done, looking good so far!

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
Rikard, Great job on the '79 !! Nice to see an early Supra back on the road again!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gas tank restoration

>> Daniel.W, Ugo, AJ, TcTravis - Thanks!

Main goal is original. Maybe som old school jdm wheels for festive occasions :)

Here are some pics of my gas tank restoration:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys! I'm in the progress of removing all windows so I can have the car painted. I'm looking for the rubber things (dont know the name for it) that goes round the windows. I want to replace the old ones with new when I put the windows back in. Can anyone help me? I guess it's the same as RA40 if it's hard to find for MA45/MA46?
Thanks.

·
MGSS Afflicted
165 Posts
You are looking for the rubber weatherstripping. The hatch replacement doesn't exist, but we are trying to get a company to make it again. They have reproduced the RA4x notchback window trim (the kind with a trunk/boot, not a hatch) but need a very good condition example of the hatch glass rubber to use as a mold. Check with Larry Fetner on our FB page about the rear window weatherstripping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
>> suprarossa - Thank´s for the info. I have removed all chrome details around the windows now and fortunately there was no rust at all so I have decided not to remove the windows

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for abandon you all. I found these great fb sites and never looked back :)
Anyway, here´s the end result...

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
Nice wheel choice!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rikard and his car are the star of our owners FB page lol. He even photoshops an XX into a 79 Celica Supra magazine ad hahahahahaha
Nah, if your owner's FB page is Jurassic Park (no other comparison lol) you´re Steven Spielberg and I´m Wayne Knight (Nedry) - at most!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Sorry for abandon you all. I found these great fb sites and never looked back :)
Anyway, here´s the end result...
You're supposed to ha e em peel the tire stickers off first, and then for pics angle those front wheels so we can see em better. Those are some of my favorite wheels out right now, love em.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts