Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1979 Toyota Supra Parts Car /////////CAR IS SOLD/////////

This car is already partially dismantled. I have taken what I need and have to get rid of the rest of the car quickly. The car has good seats, carpet and plastic trunk pieces. Most of it is disassembled and sitting in the trunk. I’m selling it and pricing it for the motor only. Buy the motor get the whole car. It has a good rear end and good automatic transmission. The motor ran when she was pulled into the garage for dismantling. Motor and Trans are complete. The car has no brakes left on it as I needed these parts. She also has no doors, hood or front fenders. The fenders I will throw in the car when she leaves but I’m keeping the other parts. The rear end is in good condition minus the calipers and rotors. The front end is down to the spindles so you would need a flat bed to remove it. I’m running this ad for the weekend only. After that the scrapper will come for her. I want $200 out of it and that includes an aftermarket front air dam in need of repair. I am not parting this car out. Thats why its not in the parts section. I don’t have the time to box and mail parts out. If you need something and are within driving distance it’s a great deal. Clear title.

·
Registered
49 Posts
1979 Mk1 Supra Selling

Hmm....wonder if those seat covers came from my Mk1? Glad you were able to save the PP car.
I know you are not interested in parting out the car any further. BUT, I would still be interested in rear end even and maybe a few interior parts. I'd hate to see the car get scrapped with a few good parts still left. I would be using these to restore my '81 Celica Sunchaser. Even if you are not interested in removing the rear end I could always use the axles and the gear unit and driveshaft.
Just trying to get you to reconsider. BTW, do you still have those stainless steel rocker panel trim pieces?
Feel free to send me a PM.
Thanks,
David

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I really wish I didn’t have to let this car go like this but things have come up that have taken almost all of my free time away. I just have no time for working on this thing anymore. I wanted to pull the motor and rear end but I need to get my 54 Chevy in the garage soon before the bad weather sets in. If I have no bites for the car today I’m pulling the seats and she will be removed sometime early this week. I do still have that rocker molding. As a matter of fact I don’t think I ever opened it up. As for the PP I made a huge mistake. I should have kept this car here together and transferred the drive train and interior to it. It had a much more solid body and the more I dig into the PP the more rust I find. She is a great beater driver but it will be an extensive project to repair the body correctly. I will probably put some brakes on it and sell it in the near future as well. I’ll keep my minty burgundy one till life forces me to grow up and buy a sedan. With three kids I’m on borrowed time keeping this as my driver.

·
Registered
49 Posts
79 Supra Mk1 Selloff

You and I are in the same boat. I have a couple of ankle biters and an endearing wife. Between them, work, and school I have almost no time to do my restoring efforts on my 85 GTS convertible and my 81 Sunchaser. I still even have my new carpet and stereo components sitting in their original boxes. Nice thing is that there is no rush in getting the cars back together.
I could see about an hour total time in pulling the axles out and taking the gear housing bolts off. These would make good spares, especially since these parts are getting fewer and harder to find. Not trying to pressure you but hoping you'll reconsider getting these parts out while you still have the car. I'd want to get the '54 back in the garage too. Oh well, make sure you keep your family first. I've learned that cars can't love you back. :thumbsup:
David

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I probably should have grabbed that too but I just didn’t have the time. I pulled the seats back out this morning and that was all I had time for. She’s now on her way to a new home. If I had the time I would have grabbed those parts.

Thanks to all that responded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts