Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a feeler thread only. I’m not sure what I want to do with this car if anything at all. I have another one that I use as a driver since it is less than perfect and I don’t have to worry about it when I leave it in a parking lot. This car does a lot of sitting. I may drive it twice a month if I’m lucky. The body is perfect with the exception of two small dings in the hood. Tiny dings caused by the previous owner when he dropped something on it in the garage. The car has no rust. Zero rust. I have been all over it and it is not here anyplace. I challenge an interested person to find some because it’s just not here. I have never personally seen a cleaner rust free MK1 in my life. Since I have owned her I have added the front air dam and the side louvers. I have also added the MK2 wheels with oversized tires. The fuel pump has been replaced and so has the fuel filter. She has done a lot of sitting in her life so the tank will need a good cleaning sometime. I was planning it for sometime this spring. The only items that do not work are the A/C and the power door lock. Not sure what is wrong with them and haven’t cared enough to research it. Everything else works including the cruise control. Mileage would be around 120,000. The previous owner sold it as a 20,000 mile car and maybe it is but I have said 120,000 since I have no documentation and since the seats do appear to have more ware than what I would expect from a 20,000 mile car. Still the interior is in fantastic condition with only one small ware hole on the driver side front seat near where the seatbelt would touch. Rear seat is perfect and there are no tears or rips anyplace. Console is in great shape as well as the padded dash. 3 piece stereo works well. I use my iPod in the cassette deck. The car is a hard top with a nice tight 5 speed standard shift. The car is quick and very nice to drive. Steers straight and smooth. I’m sure I’m missing some things but in a nut shell that’s a good description of the car. The price would be 5 grand for anyone who is serious and really has the money to spend. The stainless eyebrows are not included.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Really nice car! :thumbsup: Looks familiar! :laugh: It's hard to know but as decribed I would not take any less. As for rust, the only real spot that goes is around the rear wheel wells. Pop the backseat out and have a look, but to be really sure you will have to take out the interior around the wheel wells.
Good luck with your decision. I say keep it and drive it more! :ugh:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea this is a rust free car. No rust under the seats, wheel wells, spare tire or anyplace. I have had some rusty ones so I made sure to take the time to look. It’s actually quite surprising. I figured I would at least find a bubble or two. From what I was told she was always garage kept and it’s a west coast car so that would make sense. I had an idea for a new project car and thought I would see if I could find a real buyer for this one since I don’t use it much at all. The more I think about it the less I want to part with it. It took me 5 years to find the right car. I think I should loosen up a bit and just drive it. I’m always paranoid it will get clipped someplace. I love this car. It’s too nice to just sit around all the time.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yea this is a rust free car. No rust under the seats, wheel wells, spare tire or anyplace. I have had some rusty ones so I made sure to take the time to look. It’s actually quite surprising. I figured I would at least find a bubble or two. From what I was told she was always garage kept and it’s a west coast car so that would make sense. I had an idea for a new project car and thought I would see if I could find a real buyer for this one since I don’t use it much at all. The more I think about it the less I want to part with it. It took me 5 years to find the right car. I think I should loosen up a bit and just drive it. I’m always paranoid it will get clipped someplace. I love this car. It’s too nice to just sit around all the time.
Ha Ha, you said it all! Door dings are bound to happen. :sadbanana: But you have a very unique car that gets looks and is a blast to drive! Also you are very fortunate of it's shape (rust free), and seriously you will have a very difficult time finding an equivelant. Door dings can alway's be fixed up, but I think it is worth the risk to drive and enjoy it!
You may know the story with mine, (BC car, flew out with my Dad and drove her home, original paint very little rust 60K miles) the week I was putting it away for the winter I had it "Krown" oil sprayed and the guy / owner backed it into a jeep. I was pretty upset but got it repaired and really only I can tell. I don't think twice about driving it anywhere now, just enjoy every minute of it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts