Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Dibs! I'll pay extra for shipping to Canada.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just a word of caution shipping to canada will be atleast twice the price of the axle (ask me how i know :duh:)

I once entertained the idea of one shipped to me in the states from canada and the price was just short of ridiculous.

One option would be to ship it to a friend just short of the border, then drive accross to pick it up.

In that case Greyhound shipping would be cheapest.

HTH.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I sold a rear hatch last week and shipped it to Washington at a Pub so the guy can pick it up instead of paying double for the shipping

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
UPS says about $240 to ship the thing.

It does double the price of the thing, but it's not terrible - it's probably worth that.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If you use a freight shipping company like dhl and get it sent to a business you save alot of money.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I do have the option of shipping to an address in the US available to me - it would be more work for me in the long run, but could save some irritation. I also have the option of shipping to a business here in town. We'll see what ends up being most reasonable - if I get it shipped within the US, I still have to figure out how to get it over the border.

That is, of course, if the seller is amiable. Looking forward to hearing for you!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I do have the option of shipping to an address in the US available to me - it would be more work for me in the long run, but could save some irritation. I also have the option of shipping to a business here in town. We'll see what ends up being most reasonable - if I get it shipped within the US, I still have to figure out how to get it over the border.

That is, of course, if the seller is amiable. Looking forward to hearing for you!
Hey Tara,

Sorry to jump into this thread, but I've been down this road before (Kevin knows) lol I still have an LSD rear end available in a crate ready to go. Shipping within Canada is way cheaper than trying to ship across the border. I would have to check again but I think Fedex or UPS was around $200.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Also remember that there is little guarantee that an American car's rear end will have an LSD.

They were much more common in Canada.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Managed to get it for a total of $400. Not bad for a low mile cali rear end that we are going to put a rebuild mk2 LSD in anyways.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry, snaked it from 'ya.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Surprise surprise, this guy's a fraud.

Great communication, up until he took my money, and told me he was taking the axel out the next day. Haven't heard anything since then. It also appears as though his paypal account is closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts