Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fortunate enough to purchase this survivor last fall off a gentleman who'd bought it new locally in 1981 off the dealer lot. He took great care of it for 35 years, and I've since done a bit more work to it. I just put in a new clutch (and fixed related parts), reupholstered the front seats, and tossed on some tires. I'm fixing the EQ/Amp right now and there's one rust spot underneath that needs some love, but otherwise, it's damn near immaculate and runs like a champ. I even still have the window sticker, original bill of sale, and all related original documents and repair logs. Hope you guys enjoy; happy to be a part of the club!

IMG_20170716_141037 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_141301 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_141732 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_140819 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_140451 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_140813 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_140951 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_141918 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

IMG_20170716_141844 by Kyle Carter, on Flickr

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow, very nice! The car looks great. I am originally from Iowa too. The winters are terrible on cars there. Clearly this CS was garaged during the snow season.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Weren't the lovers, spoilers, and wheels part of a "Sport Package"? Did it include anything for the interior?

I know very little about the MKI, and yours looks very, very nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind words! It had definitely avoided the Iowa winters over the years, although it was repainted (extremely well) in the 1990's. Per the last question about the "sport package", this is indeed the fully-loaded model. The interior featured a 3 piece sound system I've already mentioned that needs some repair, as well as cruise control and some other heating/cooling options that were way ahead of their time.

Thanks again - glad everyone's digging the car!

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've only known one person who owned a MKI, and he was a real doofus. If the car had been a Trans Am, he'd have been wearing big gold chains, sunglasses, and had the top two buttons on his shirt undone!

Plus the car was an automatic, and he knew zero about cars in general.

I felt sorry for the poor car....

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
^ yes Chris knows the MK1, but for sone reason, has left the forum since a couple years.
Yes you got a nice one there, and looks like it's in very good hands to be restored to it's full glory.

Congrats!

·
Founding Member
6,228 Posts
Spectacular. I so wish you could bring that to one of our local car shows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ yes Chris knows the MK1, but for sone reason, has left the forum since a couple years.
Yes you got a nice one there, and looks like it's in very good hands to be restored to it's full glory. Congrats!
Spectacular. I so wish you could bring that to one of our local car shows.
Fortunately it's in pretty good shape to begin with. I plan on doing some car shows soon, but probably not in Texas any time soon ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts