Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Yeah I looked at that chart wrong. But I do indeed have VVti and no e-throttle, it had the mechanical fan which is a bit rare too. Lucked out before I really knew what I was looking at.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Well well, I am back. 2020 has been a fiasco for just about everyone, myself included.

One interesting thing, I finally learned how to profit from the automotive hobby we all share.
Step 1: Get a good deal on an SC 400.
Step 2: Get totalled by a guy blowing a solid red light. Ideally, don't get hurt in the process.

I'm taking some of my insurance settlement and committing to the Haltech ECU for the 1JZ Supra.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
I could have but between the impact, some damage under the hood, peeling something (I think the pan) open and bleeding out all the oil, I am a little leery of internal damage to the engine. I collected my personal stuff, the battery and the AFM (ebay sale yay) and called it a day. After enough back and forth with "the Russian guy" a 3UZ would be theee way to go for any NA UZ swap. But I am going to miss that sweet sweet 1UZ. I already do.

For now I'm back to one vehicle, the 86 4runner I bought with a dead cylinder. It had a successful 22RE transplant in my back yard and took me all over the great outdoors this summer.

I may even hunt down a 2JZ GE (probably domestic) for my old 89 pickup. So much fuckery with exhaust and steering, may as well be happy with an overpowered i6 in a truck instead of an extremely overpowered V8.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts