Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Fear not, that brake upgrade costs more than double what I paid for the car LOL.

Camber plates are on my list. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Yay, all mounted up. The 225s look surprisingly beefy, great match to the 8" wheel. Getting excited about stuff like I'm 14 again is refreshing.
I will definitely be following Gambles lead and covering up that center cap logo.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Easy weekend, bad weather yesterday but I got the intake sorted (big old 90 degree 3" eBay pipe with a K&N cone, fits like a charm), put the exhaust and fuel system back together after ripping out the trans.
The SC300 slave cylinder and clutch components are assembled and everything is cool. Happy about that.

I went down an eBay rabbit hole the other night and ended up with some pretty choice bling for the old lady. "All about those details" he says as he posts a pic of his dilapidated trim and peeling clear coat.
LOL

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
As if I wasn't in over my head already, looking into suspension upgrades has me pretty much overwhelmed. There is SO MUCH info and so much to consider and none of it looks affordable, I don't even know what to do. Every last item except (maybe) the rear sway bar is 1982 original. It's entirely possible the previous owner just painted it parking stripe yellow.

I just want something not lame, not monster truck ride height and...I mean, that'll do.

It's already pretty low, not sure what the kid I bought it from did, or if he did nothing and it's just completely bottomed out from wear.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Big weekend.

1 - rear sway is 20mm, I read that stock is 15mm, and it's definitely been under there for a while, not painted by the previous owner. Everything else looks untouched as far as I can tell but the camber appears totally fine.

2 - back on the ground for the first time since July 2017, last time on the stock wheels before we change them out. Finally rolled her into the garage. Does that stance look stock? Maybe just saggy from old age.
Nod to my friend posing who's been helping the whole way, designing and welding mounts, and really doing most of the work while I buy parts and ask questions.

3 - Toyota Fuckin' Sienna. 1998 to be exact. Thanks for the ECU pigtail!

4 - I actually turned the key. All the interior and gauge lights work so we didn't ruin that stuff, bonus. Starter is strong and flywheel engagement is great, firing up, not so much. According to starter fluid not going boom, we have yet to get any spark. BUT she wants to go, we are very close.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yay, all mounted up. The 225s look surprisingly beefy, great match to the 8" wheel. Getting excited about stuff like I'm 14 again is refreshing.
I will definitely be following Gambles lead and covering up that center cap logo.

Wow you are so close and I'm digging your wheels nice job !

James

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Why thank you, Billy. Sounds like we'll be getting that source from existing body wires then, yeah? That's there we got starter power.

It was real tempting to mount the new wheels but not until she fires. Gotta roast those old BFG's anyway :)

·
Super Moderator
8,143 Posts
You basically need +12V at all the +B and IGSW connection on the body connector. NSW also needs to be jumpered correctly as well.

edit: also M-REL

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Thanks a lot. I was probably too focused on "OMG I need 1JZ GE VVTi diagrams" early on. Just gonna show up with all the GTE diagrams this weekend and make it happen.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You basically need +12V at all the +B and IGSW connection on the body connector. NSW also needs to be jumpered correctly as well.

edit: also M-REL
Probably gonna be an STA wire in there too.

STA is start 12v, heavy gauge black/white in the body connector plug behind the glove box or wherever else you wanna grab it. Starter solenoid, ignition switch etc. Its in a big round connector on the driver side bay.

NSW will need to see ground if its an auto ecu and if its manual trans you can connect it to the STA wire.

Make sure the ISCV is powered from the M-REL circuit as it stays on for ~3 seconds after the engine is turned off. VSV's and heated o2's can as well.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Yet again, thanks everyone. I am more out of my element now than any other point in the project.

It's an early VVT-i engine, so I need to hard wire it into neutral (came stock with automatic trans) for it to think everything is okay to move the cam around. This was according to the Russian guy that invented/sells the VVT-i emulator chips when I contacted him.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Sadly, I was not overly concerned with getting the exact diagram, I was right on. Nothing we have has been completely relevant, just parts and pieces that kinda make sense from several engine variants. Basically guessing, which is not something any of us working on the car at this point are cool with. The last thing I want is to send 12V into the wrong pin and let the smoke out of the ECU.

I think I'm going to send this wilbo666 character an email. At some point I was thinking he was a forum member (willianb82?) and at some point I thought he was an Aussie.

One way or the other I pretty much HAVE TO get the exact diagram. Might be buying a Crown Majesta book from Japan if it comes to it.

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
That is looking like it could be the grand slam in the 9th inning. On;y difference I can see is it has E throttle, so it should get the job done.

IDK how you found that, but great job. I spent hours over the last year looking for those pinouts. THANK YOU.

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
You're welcome.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts