Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so here is my build. I acquired a 1982 mkII supra with a trashed engine. The engine was pink. The engine has to go.

Things to do:
Rip out The old pink engine
Rebuild a 7mge I got from another buddy's project
replace the CUT springs with Legitimate lowering springs
paint the godawful ungly brown clip front clip
reapulser the interior
Fix the grand canyon forming in the spare tire compartment
fix the rust hole in the front drivers side floor board

strip the interior to find other potential problems.

Things I need (that I know of) :

82 parts car (the origional car didn't come with trim)
86.5 coil and igniter
paint
wiring harness adapter/ wire the car
pieces of sheet metal
pics to come

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
pink engine eh.... intermaresting, and yup we wanna see some picks of this bad boy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i get some pics right now hold on waiting for the phone to charge so i can get some pics off of it i post asp

i could of swear i had more pics got one with it snow covered

·
Registered
622 Posts
Heads up bro, If the spare tire location is rusting you have a bad seal in the hatch or sunroof. Ask mark of vancouver toyota he will have them and he's a forum member. ALSO SOMEONE GET HIM A TSRM LINK (I would but I don't have it anymore) Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i change that seal asp just to be on the safe side dont want to wield in a new part.
just have the rest rust away no good i try to look for that tsrm link u were talking about but posts with them in it were dead yay me not

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok here are the pics

the seller i got the car from forgot to tell me about this im how do u really forget something that is so big

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
shes gonna need some work, but good luck! and i really hope your not running/driving that thing without a filter lol.:ugh: just a suggestion to throw one on hahah, safer that way ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shes gonna need some work, but good luck! and i really hope your not running/driving that thing without a filter lol.:ugh: just a suggestion to throw one on hahah, safer that way ;)
na she wont move or start so no need for the air filter yet she has a bad engine in at least the lower end but still good parts im getting ready for take the engine out and put my 7mge in her :naughty:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hope you patch up that HUGE hole in the spare tire well first. Exhaust fumes will get in there and put you to sleep. I dealt with that enough times with my 84.

·
Registered
136 Posts
He forgot to tell you about the hole? If you are buying MKII you should know to look there for sure!! I don't want to sound like a smart a** but it looks like you have your parts car and need to find something in better shape to work on. I am guessing there are other areas (like the rear shock towers maybe) that are most likley close to being bad. It does not look safe. Just my opinion. We won't ask how much you paid for it..good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Man, your Supra scares me! It looks like it would bite yer hand off!
I've bought several cars that the seller has 'forgotten' to mention major shit. Mostly Supras!
I bought a Supra last winter, the ebay seller forgot that the heater matrix leaked. On it's first trip out the car filled up with steam. So that was the dashboard out in the middle of winter. But that hole in your back end would be hard to forget about.
Anyway, good luck with your project. Here's a pic of Supra street, UK, the snow just starting

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the car is in good over all shape for the most part it does need some work but i will fix that big hole asp
i v check the towers there fine there use to be rust were the hole was so im gonna patch it up

my next step is drop the 7mge in this week i start on monday to get it drop in by friday at the lateist
i will be gettin a welder and some metal and go at it then after that got to sand some rust and replace other metal i wanted a project i got one i had a 84 that was far worse then this one i know what to look for i knew the hole was there i was not worry about it
i just wanted to see if he lie about the car and he did said it had no rust my ass but it not a big deal this will fly down the road once it has that engine in it

i be takin pics every part of the way or try lol :zzzzz:

i got the car in a trade for a cressida with a 6mge and a 5 speed swap and some other parts for the car
i love supra more then a cressida not to say the cressida looks bad it just not my thing

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
so today was a epic fail my friend had other things to do so im unable to move the car in the drive way or in the garage it need to be push up the drive way gay that one wasted day //

so i hope today will be better got to get engine out
all so still working on getting other parts to get her going Wednesday
i be able to buy some parts for her and her new engine
i keep you all posted

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, your Supra scares me! It looks like it would bite yer hand off!
I've bought several cars that the seller has 'forgotten' to mention major shit. Mostly Supras!
I bought a Supra last winter, the ebay seller forgot that the heater matrix leaked. On it's first trip out the car filled up with steam. So that was the dashboard out in the middle of winter. But that hole in your back end would be hard to forget about.
Anyway, good luck with your project. Here's a pic of Supra street, UK, the snow just starting

yea i know better and should of look but i got the i really wanted a supra bad in my head and just did it

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hey, I ran my 84 Supra like that for a while (no front bumper cover or header panel)! I used the twisted upper bumper reinforcement to mount the fogs and turn signals. It looked ugly, but it was legal! The city tried to tell me it was a parts car and to get rid of it, but since it had everything to be street legal, I just renewed the tabs and left it until I needed it (was driving my truck at the time).

Now that's an interesting cowl on that hood...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts