Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nostalgia got me bad the other day. I was flipping through some adds and came across 1982 mk2. So I scoped it up.
This was the same year as my first car. I had a light blue with blue interior with the digital gauge. Lots of fun was had with that car. The new to me Supra is not running and was in the starting phase of a 1uz swap.
I have decided to pull the 1uz and w58 and change the swap to a 6.0 ls with a t56 6 speed and a 8.8 rear diff swap.
So that’s the plan I’ll have to keep a good record of things and pics to share with the Supra crew.
Goal is to have 450 N/A hp street machine.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Looks like a decent rust free car. Interested in seeing some of your swap solutions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not bad but there is some rust in all the normal spots for these cars. No holes. Pretty solid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read your build after I got the car. One reason I leaned to doing the ls swap.
Yes I am in parts gathering phase/ gut the car mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This lurker has created an account just to subscribe to this thread. I am also gathering up 8.8 parts for my own solid axle swap so if I get mine done before you I will post back.

Dave b

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Tagging for updates - this is going to be epic!

(Hope taking the old 1u-anchor off your hands will help accelerate your progress because I'm literally on the edge of my seat here.)

What's the goals for suspension/brakes/tires for that thing? Safe to assume it's not going to run stock setup I hope...

--billyM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts