Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking $2,000 OBO. The car is not currently running and will require a tow (at your expense). I will not part the car out. Local pickup is preferred. Payment can be made either via cash or PayPal.

I’m selling my 1984 Celica Supra with 124K miles. As stated above, the car is not currently running. While I've had this car I have enjoyed it immensely. The car has been sitting for the past five years, and was previously running fine when it was parked. The engine cranks but the car doesn’t start. I’ve done some investigation to find why it's not working. I don’t hear the fuel pump make any noise, so I suspect either the fuel pump failed, or the connections to the pump on the top of the tank have corroded. I unfortunately don’t have the time to work on the car anymore, otherwise I’d try to fix it.

The car has had a lot of body work done over the years. A few places on the exterior need to be addressed, including the front bumper (possum damage) and rear driver side fender flare damage (another car scraped it when it was parked in a parking lot). The rest could use a good detailing to freshen it all up.

Much of the outer visible rust was addressed, but there is still rust underneath the car in many places. An F1 body kit was also installed at that time. The front bumper was replaced with a bumper from an ‘83. The hood, doors, rear quarter panels, and rear hatch are all from various donor cars. The front window is cracked in many places and should be replaced. The car was originally a two-tone blue, repainted black.

Miscellaneous Upgrades:
  • Short throw shifter
  • Aluminum intake pipe
  • Clutch/flywheel were replaced maybe 30K ago.
  • Tires were replaced with BF Goodrich Radial T/A and only have about 10K on them.

Things that don’t work/need fixing:
  • Engine was beginning to leak oil
  • A/C (compressor is missing)
  • Passenger side window wiper is missing.
  • Radiator fan is missing (was replaced with electric fans + shroud)
  • Carpeting was removed at some point.
  • Exhaust has a hole in it
  • Car doesn’t start

If you have any questions, or want additional pictures, please let me know! I can be contacted via e-mail at
[email protected]

Thanks,
- Kenton

Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

Car in its current state, on jacks in my garage. Ground lug on the fuel pump looks corroded. Could be a simple fix, but the tank needs to be dropped to get access. I don't have the time to invest into it.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Cracked front windshield

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle

Engine bay was not repainted. Front bumper has suffered paint loss while stored.

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Grille Rim

Front body kit lip after a possum crossed the road at the last second.

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Helmet

*Much of the rust exists on components that can be replaced. There is some rust on the floor.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

*Note, this was shortly after the bodywork was completed. This is not necessarily representative of its current state.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

*Note, this was shortly after the bodywork was completed. This is not necessarily representative of its current state.

·
Premium Member
5,673 Posts
email sent

Reactions: AJ
1 - 2 of 2 Posts