1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basic Details:
1984 Celica Supra P-Type Parts Car
160k miles, two-tone brown, maroon interior, manual, sunroof, leather
Located in Madison, OH 44057 (40 miles east of Cleveland on the lake)
Starts and drives but isn’t roadworthy
$500 or best offer

Complete Details and Pictures:
Website (May as well put my job skills to use.)

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts

I could use 4 things off this car. Message left on your phone

·
Registered
518 Posts
would you be willing to part the car if no sale?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry that it has taken a bit to get back to this, but in response to a couple general inquiries:

At this point I'd rather avoid parting it out. It's stored at my parents' and it's quite a hassle to get back and forth between my place and theirs. But, we'll see how I feel after leaving this listing up for a while longer.

I'd trust the car to make it cross country without the fuel problem, but I don't think it's an easy fix. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly though considering I gave up on the car when the fuel problem rolled around. I started to try disassembling it and the hard lines leading to the tank were disintegrating into rust, and I was just moving into my apartment at the time so money and time were short. If someone's more knowledgeable about this I may be able to look into it and confirm any issues. The only certain symptom is it'll slowly leak fuel until there's only about 1/5 of a tank left, but I'm not sure which specific area the problem's coming from.

The hatch carpet is trashed, don't bother.

The rear seats are lightly used. The flash on the camera really highlights the typical mild cracking and fading from sunlight and they look much better in person. I could try getting some better pictures in the sun without the flash, but that's kind of hard to do around here this time of year.

The mirrors are worn from the mileage, particularly the driver's side, but are in otherwise good functional shape.

Otherwise, I'll be out of town this weekend (Edit: maybe, bad weather moving in) but after that I'm reasonably free.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I may be interested in the engine if you part it out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, there wasn't any activity in this thread for a bit and this car's mostly 'out of sight, out of mind' for me by now. (Why it sat for so long in the first place.) But, there are still no takers unless ihateu3's still interested and I'd still rather sell it whole if possible.

E-mail - [email protected] (checked regularly)
Cell - (440) 417-2963

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bumping for a final check to see if there's any interest. Still not in a good position to part it out so if there aren't any takers it'll probably end up in a scrap yard. :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, not quite final, figured one last bump couldn't hurt before the car has to go. My parents are moving, and this has been up quite long enough so this is last call before the junk heap.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
OOOPS! Sorry, I missed that. Definitely just a parts car. Would be a shame to see it crushed. Somebody please give the lad the scrap price for it and save it from the sad fate.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Wish I had a mig welder, and a garage.
you don't need a welder...more like a cutting torch. it would be nice to have a spot where you can tuck the car away and cover it. having a running parts car has saved my ass many times in the last year.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
you don't need a welder...more like a cutting torch. it would be nice to have a spot where you can tuck the car away and cover it. having a running parts car has saved my ass many times in the last year.
I've been pretty dead set on getting a truck for my next DD, however, this car is tempting.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
this car is a running parts car...not a parts runner, that's the truck's job!:thumbsup:
I know, and I could benefit from having one or the other, but have no room for both.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts