Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys So this will be my build thread!

1984 Toyota supra automatic, motor was locked up.
new motor to me 2jzgte vvti

change color on sparkplug cover

so its a start right

James

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replace timing belt and tensioner water pump,

almost made mistake tensioner was wrong always look at your parts

that's it for now
James

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Looking forward to more.

I'm getting more and more enthusiastic about taking cars that should have been manual but are automatic, and throwing great engines that should have been manual but are automatic in them. Simplified swapping and much improved cars as a result.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking forward to more.

I'm getting more and more enthusiastic about taking cars that should have been manual but are automatic, and throwing great engines that should have been manual but are automatic in them. Simplified swapping and much improved cars as a result.
lots of things to figure out and lots of reading and talking to you guys

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
I just spent two weeks beating myself up over wheels because of tire selection. I went with 15s for the look, I think they go with the car the best, but tires are not easy to find.
17s have great tire selection but look a bit too big and modern for the car, to me. They can look great, but they don't retain that JDM styling.

16s are kinda the worst of both, a little too big for the look, with few tire choices. That's what I decided anyway.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
Looking great, James. I dig the color combo.

Glad to see you made the transition to these forums.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just spent two weeks beating myself up over wheels because of tire selection. I went with 15s for the look, I think they go with the car the best, but tires are not easy to find.
17s have great tire selection but look a bit too big and modern for the car, to me. They can look great, but they don't retain that JDM styling.

16s are kinda the worst of both, a little too big for the look, with few tire choices. That's what I decided anyway.
wheels and tire and brakes is a pain in the ass, if I did 17" bronze centers with a black lip it would make the wheel look smaller? not sold on anything yet??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't go wrong with 16x8 +0's, i ran XXR's with those specs with great success. The style you are looking at is a replica of the CCW classics. You prolly want to space the rear out 20mm, either with a ARP studs and a slip on spacer or a bolt on spacer(not my preference.)
Here is a guide i did on slip on spacers for the rear: https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?73534-84-p-type-up-keep-and-basic-mods&p=851393&viewfull=1#post851393
thankyou I will check it out.

James

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
Thanks this is Jeff right?

James
Yes. This username has been used since I was 17 years old, so it's not fitting anything here or there.

Some good info and knowledge on these forums, aka the sacred texts.

·
Super Moderator
8,257 Posts
I do want to get a new one. What one are you running and where did you get it, and about how much ?

Thanks
James
You should get the ATI just so you can mount the engine down lower in the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I just saw you post the center valley cover on the facebook page a couple days ago?

Looking good so far!
Maybe I'm not sure I will always be wagzilla on any site, Thankyou there are so many nice supra's out their, I'm just hoping to make mine clean and taste full!

I will post some pictures
James

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bag and tag day

just trying to clean it up a bit

some new parts motor mounts can in

intercooler came in

I hope I can take them up next week to get powder coated

James