Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fluidampr - 840801 - Toyota

what about this one??

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
I've had both the Ati and Fluidampr. Even the first generation one aluminum Fluidampr. The steel version you show is their best offering. Uses the OEM belt, and will last "forever" and never need rebuilding.

The ATi is "hone to fit" style, some heat helps but it's a lot more snug. I never ever found this necessary on our engines, and a lot of people making over 1000hp aren't complaining.

Plus, every decade or so, the rubber ring in the ATi should be replaced/rebuild the unit. The LSX folks have already broken ATi crank pulleys, but those are different design than the JZ.

As stated, it may be possible to sit an engine a little lower, I'm not sure on that.

I've chosen to use the Fluidampr for its simplicity, longevity, ease of service, and keeping the OEM belt. It still has provisions for a dry sump pulley, you just have to call.

I even made a 36-1 trigger wheel for a Fluidampr.

You really can't go wrong either way.

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
Only gripe is the degree marks on the Fluidampr, but it's easy enough to figure out. I painted the TDC mark on the pulley.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Only gripe is the degree marks on the Fluidampr, but it's easy enough to figure out. I painted the TDC mark on the pulley.
thanks for the reply I have had both on other engines, I have never really had any problems, I'm new to the 2jz, learning slowly does that look like the right part number?

James

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
Just sharing what little experience I've had. Hope it can help.

Yes, that is the correct part number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice man hopfully ill be swapping my 84 next year. Originally from nyc and mever had a car so learning about cars as i go. Deff not ready to swap solo might have a shop help/do if im not ready next year or maybe ill meet someone cool enough in san antonio to show me the ropes! Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice man hopfully ill be swapping my 84 next year. Originally from nyc and mever had a car so learning about cars as i go. Deff not ready to swap solo might have a shop help/do if im not ready next year or maybe ill meet someone cool enough in san antonio to show me the ropes! Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks I have lots of learning to do !! I look forward to watching your build

James

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
so I can't get the wheels I like bummer esm -007 but I can get these esm-002r and only 17" left

I guess I will keep looking

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Like I mentioned, I'd go 15 or 17, choose one downside rather than some of both IMO. Dig the bronze, I went with a flat gold myself.

Rota is a brand with good selection for our cars.

I found my wheels by accidentally landing on an eBay store that had some customer returns which were unused but couldn't be sold as new. All 4 cost me $400 delivered. Give them a look: http://www.ebaystores.com/aspecwheels

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Like I mentioned, I'd go 15 or 17, choose one downside rather than some of both IMO. Dig the bronze, I went with a flat gold myself.

Rota is a brand with good selection for our cars.

I found my wheels by accidentally landing on an eBay store that had some customer returns which were unused but couldn't be sold as new. All 4 cost me $400 delivered. Give them a look: http://www.ebaystores.com/aspecwheels
What do I do with my shirt??????

and no you can't have my shirt

James

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
:laugh:

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
LOL I saw some post on some other forum where the guy was apparently hardcore dedicated to anti-Rota. I thought "I have better stuff to worry about".

Keyword on that shirt: ego.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Please if any of you guys have engine bay pictures of 2jzgte vvti engine swap please post up some pictures, so I can get some idea's I want to make mine as clean as I can.

thanks for your time
James

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So one of the problem I was having was the new transmission was digital signal coming from transmission to the mechanical speedo. Dakota digital ECD-100 Electronic cable drive anybody use this yet? I'm just trying to figure out some stuff.

Thanks for your time
James

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
LOL I saw some post on some other forum where the guy was apparently hardcore dedicated to anti-Rota. I thought "I have better stuff to worry about".

Keyword on that shirt: ego.
please forgive me :duh:

·
Registered
263 Posts
So one of the problem I was having was the new transmission was digital signal coming from transmission to the mechanical speedo. Dakota digital ECD-100 Electronic cable drive anybody use this yet? I'm just trying to figure out some stuff.

Thanks for your time
James
Speedhut.com also makes a digital-to-mechanical speedo converter. Digital signal in one end and mechanical speedo cable out the other. I haven’t tried it but looks to be an elegant solution.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Speedhut.com also makes a digital-to-mechanical speedo converter. Digital signal in one end and mechanical speedo cable out the other. I haven’t tried it but looks to be an elegant solution.
I will check it out and let you guys know that one is pretty sweet works with gps they all cost around $400 bucks shipped.

James

21 - 40 of 129 Posts