Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I was having a look at wheels, and one set caught my eye. Wouldn't mind these on my car! Well priced too.
'7Twenty Style 44' in 16 x9j ET0.

These are bronze, but loads of other colour combos! Think they look mean AF

Main Site https://www.7twenty.co.uk/collections/alloywheels
Notice they don't list 4 X 114.3 on there, but they do do them!
those are nice !

thanks for the heads up

James

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
I swear if I have like more than an hour worth of trouble with my gauges I'll just buy a tablet, velcro it to the cluster and be done. LOL

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So it's snowing !! so looking at different brake setups BBk and I found some kick ass looking Brembo's Hyundai Genesis coupe 2010 to 2016 orange

trying to find information on them right now. What do you guy's think??

thanks James

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
Anything Brembo is excellent.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
I've had both the Ati and Fluidampr. Even the first generation one aluminum Fluidampr. The steel version you show is their best offering. Uses the OEM belt, and will last "forever" and never need rebuilding.
Does it damper? Almost looks like 1 piece. I don't know why the JZ dampers are so failure prone, it's not that different a style from the M motor pullies, which seem to last forever.

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
It does dampen. The ATi uses an o-ring to dampen. Silicone has a wider range. Both have been field tested.

All rubber dampers are service parts. The difference is the M types were made to not fall apart, but the rubber gets hard as a rock eventually. 7M ones have been known to slip, too.

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
The difference is the JZ damper is like a 1/4" wide vs the 7M which is like 3" across. The ATI one is the one to use for the Mk2 since its smaller in diameter and doesn't have the big diameter section on it so it doesn't hit the sway bar. I think under driving the PS pump in these cars is also a side benefit. The only thing that sucks on the ATI is the timing marks are on the front...

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
Does any aftermarket bar fit the stock JZ pulley, or is ATi required for a JZ swap?

I've seen quite a few JZ swaps, but if they all use ATi, then okay.

My engine sits different, and I haven't had any issue with the stock bar.

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
Yeah you just jack the nose of the engine up and inch and half or so and mount it at an angle, but that is a hack IMO. That last thing you want to do is have a 600 lb mass up high in the car.

·
Whistles
1,053 Posts
Mine is just sitting forward a bit, level with the floor with my 27.5 tall rear tires.

I've never had any problems, but I just like to go fast. Handles fine. I'm not sure if it's really a big deal for me. If you're trying to build a scca car, okay.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So it's snowing !! so looking at different brake setups BBk and I found some kick ass looking Brembo's Hyundai Genesis coupe 2010 to 2016 orange

trying to find information on them right now. What do you guy's think??

thanks James
So I went on the Brembo web site and looked up the spec's and It will not work, Hyundai rotor thickness 26mm and the 350z rotor thickness is 30mm, and the rotors 340mmfor the Hyundai and for the 350z are 320mm. so oh well I just really thought these where in great shape, most of the ones I see in the junkyard are in bad shape. Maybe I should just do the Wilwood kit.

james

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The difference is the JZ damper is like a 1/4" wide vs the 7M which is like 3" across. The ATI one is the one to use for the Mk2 since its smaller in diameter and doesn't have the big diameter section on it so it doesn't hit the sway bar. I think under driving the PS pump in these cars is also a side benefit. The only thing that sucks on the ATI is the timing marks are on the front...
I have ran both didn't have any problems with either one of them.

James

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
Buy new 4 piston CTS-V calipers. Far better deal than any of the other Brembos out there. That is what I used.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Buy new 4 piston CTS-V calipers. Far better deal than any of the other Brembos out there. That is what I used.
funny you should say that. I have them on my 1957 nomad cts v 6 piston 2012 that 4 piston should work great !!

they are all Brembo with out the price

James

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Silver, do you have a write-up on that install? How intense a mod is that?

Need to make a brake decision here very soon.
It really just comes down to how much money do you have, do you have good junk yards around you and can you fab something up that is safe.

I can build it for half the cost most of the time

James

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I also have these TRD or called stop tech but I would have to run a 18inch wheel mk4 they would work fine

I will figure something out

James

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
Silver, do you have a write-up on that install? How intense a mod is that?

Need to make a brake decision here very soon.
I made a custom hockey stickied shaped bracket so the bolt on. If you look around there's a Nissan to ctsv bracket that looks similar. I have starion hubs turned down with Infiniti q60 rotors on them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I made a custom hockey stickied shaped bracket so the bolt on. If you look around there's a Nissan to ctsv bracket that looks similar. I have starion hubs turned down with Infiniti q60 rotors on them.
pictures please what did you do for the rear hubs?

thanks James

41 - 60 of 129 Posts