Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone is trying to sell me their 84 supra but there is a transmission problem. rust free and about 200k+ miles on it. i need an estimate on how much should i ask for

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You can most likely find an auto tranny local for around $100-200 or do a 5spd swap for around the same price. Labor is whats going to cost you so do it yourself and maybe find another member on here local to you to help ya out.

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
See if you can steal it for $750, go get a quote for a rebuild on a a43de transmission from a tranny shop and take that when you offer him the cash. "Well it's about a $2,000 car, but the rebuild on the tranny is going to cost $1,200, so I'll give you $750 to take it off your hands."

Then, once you have it, drop a $200 known good replacement from someone on here into it and drive it for another 100k miles.

--billyM

·
Registered
562 Posts
See if you can steal it for $750, go get a quote for a rebuild on a a43de transmission from a tranny shop and take that when you offer him the cash. "Well it's about a $2,000 car, but the rebuild on the tranny is going to cost $1,200, so I'll give you $750 to take it off your hands."

Then, once you have it, drop a $200 known good replacement from someone on here into it and drive it for another 100k miles.

--billyM
+1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
662 Posts
unless of course the guy is a member or lurker of this site

1 - 7 of 7 Posts