Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1985 p type and i have brake booster problems i replaced the brake cylinder and started to bleed the system then out of nowhere the idle just droped and stared pouring white smoke out the exaust like literally an effin smoke machine dont know what to do woke up in the morning to check it out and notice my exaust had lots of brake fluid inside the canister and piping like it got sucked up in through the manifold and got spat out everywhere else is that bad or would some injector cleaner clear it out cause it has alot of brake fluid all over the inside of the exaust system. i took the booster back off and got about almost a full big bottle of brake fluid out of the booster itself please help:32:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
what kind of help do you need? do you need a booster? i have one for sale, pm me for details, actually where are you located?

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
MC is bad... seal is letting fluid in booster...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u guys thanx alot for the help and tanya u are right it was doing that just sucking the brake fluid into the booster but i replaced both got a good deal through my uncle $80 for the booster brand new in box thats really cheap so i couldnt pass it up and actually i put the mc from a celica gt it just seems to have the rear brake line in a different possition but everithing else is the same and it brakes just fine would it be a problem in the future cause its not from the supra its from a celica gt if anybody knows please let me know thanx.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i recommend if you're putting in a new, er... reman brake booster, to go with a new brake master cylinder also. i recommend aisin for the master cylinder from rock auto, if they have any left!
those two components work hand in hand, and for me the brake booster was harder to source and more expensive than the master cylinder. get both done and get it done right the first time!
if you dont have the cash right away, just save up for it, its worth it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts