Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hi, FYI this section of the Forum is for ebay or craigslist ads, not for private seller. If you are selling this car, post in the "Cars for Sale" section, and you are gonna have to give complete info on the car, not just a photo and a title.
sincerely, and welcome.

·
Super Moderator
8,572 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
May be the section eBay - Craiglist should have BaT added in the section title...

And yes, a pretty nice black 84 was just posted today

Either way, the pic is very promising !!! :love:

·
Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
That black one is awesome too!

Those road side reflectors in the hatch, I think those are aftermarket or a dealer option or such, I've never seen them in a car of mine before.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I never have got reflectors in any of mine either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What brand tires are those??? Reminds me of some Pirelli P77’s I used to have on a Corolla years ago...

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
What brand tires are those??? Reminds me of some Pirelli P77’s I used to have on a Corolla years ago...
Those are one of the 2 original tire models mounted from factory.
-Dunlop SP SPORT D3 (on this car), and
-Bridgestone Potenza (corrected)

·
Founding Member
6,525 Posts
Its Bridgestone that still uses the Potenza name for their performance line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If that is the case, You should at least post the link....and that said, I searched BAT and it is not there.
I gave them all the info a week ago, they said that they are running 3 weeks behind. I'll post a link when it is available. The 84 black supra sure brought nice money.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I see it has just posted on BAT.

couple things to mention for what its worth, and understanding that you are probably not a professional car detailer or salesman on these sites..just trying to help you here.

1. Since you mention 4 chips on the bumper, you should have shown those in the photos (unless I missed them), but I don't think they are shown anywhere?

2. taking a video of driving is nice, but it does not do much for showing the camera out the window and sunroof. Better to have someone else record in the passenger seat and show the gage cluster while driving. Also, I was VERY surprised/astonished to hear the significant cabin rattles when you drove over the bumps in the road at ~2:43. Perhaps those original tires are just solid rock (be careful driving on those 35 year old tires!!!!), but I'm wondering why its so loud over those bumps. For such a low mileage, I was surprised to hear that, maybe the phone just overamplified that sound, but...wow...

3.Sounds and looks like the exhaust piping/muffler, has leaks/holes in it, not surprising, but it does indicate that the car was likely stored outside for sometime or in a storage without payment/concrete on the floor. Might want to check the exhaust piping and report/update the listing (if this is that case) with photos that the exhaust is not in the best of shape. This will not surprise us supra fans, as these original oem exhaust piping and mufflers never lasted that long...one of the lesser qualities of this gen supra.

3. What is on the undercarriage? What is sealed/sprayed? Looks like the diff cover has been coated with something, and elsewhere it does not appear to be the typical weather sealant that I've seen before.

Question for us Forum Folk... what the heck are these in the image I noted with yellow markers. I don't have those on my 86, and have owned a couple other cars and never seen these plastic plugs. I'm thinking they are attachment locations for an aftermarket sideskirt or...? Very curious if anyone knows?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The round plugs on door sills are typical anti-rust openings cap used to cover drilled holes made to spray protection in the rocker panels.
My car have some too, so is doors and trunk.
It's much quicker acess than taking panels off for the garage applying the stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1. Since you mention 4 chips on the bumper, you should have shown those in the photos (unless I missed them), but I don't think they are shown anywhere?

You are correct, they insisted on that wording, but the chips are so small, they are hard to photograph. I will try to zoom in on one of the photos and post.

2. taking a video of driving is nice, but it does not do much for showing the camera out the window and sunroof. Better to have someone else record in the passenger seat and show the gage cluster while driving. Also, I was VERY surprised/astonished to hear the significant cabin rattles when you drove over the bumps in the road at ~2:43. Perhaps those original tires are just solid rock (be careful driving on those 35 year old tires!!!!), but I'm wondering why its so loud over those bumps. For such a low mileage, I was surprised to hear that, maybe the phone just overamplified that sound, but...wow...

You are correct, I have another video pulling out with throttle down, it gets to 112 quick, before I come upon traffic, but I'm not sure about posting that.

3.Sounds and looks like the exhaust piping/muffler, has leaks/holes in it, not surprising, but it does indicate that the car was likely stored outside for sometime or in a storage without payment/concrete on the floor. Might want to check the exhaust piping and report/update the listing (if this is that case) with photos that the exhaust is not in the best of shape. This will not surprise us supra fans, as these original oem exhaust piping and mufflers never lasted that long...one of the lesser qualities of this gen supra.

The stock muffler does have a small rust hole in the bottom.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
31K $ and only one day left.

Will it surpass the 34.5K of the 84?

·
Super Moderator
8,572 Posts
Probably with all the easy money out there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts