Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Toyota Supra
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just came across this forum a few months ago. I have 1985 Toyota Supra and have owned this car from 1995. Repainted electron pearl blue in 2001 & tinted all around. Body is in excellent condition it’s never seen snow. Burgundy Interior is in great shape too from dash to seats and carpets. Car is an automatic.
16 inch chrome rims. Has rarely been driven in last 5 years don’t have the time that I used too and just tried to start it but it fires up and then shuts down? Anyways always a head turner.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Founding Member
6,642 Posts
Has rarely been driven in last 5 years don’t have the time that I used too
Welcome. I think its part of getting older. When I was in my 20s and early 30s, I had energy, but very little responsibility. Now in my mid-fifties, I have little energy and a lot of responsibility. All my cars need some work and are not getting any attention. Its all I can do to keep the daily drivers running. Just try to hang on. Retirement is on the horizon and then we can play.

·
Registered
1985 Toyota Supra
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. I think its part of getting older. When I was in my 20s and early 30s, I had energy, but very little responsibility. Now in my mid-fifties, I have little energy and a lot of responsibility. All my cars need some work and are not getting any attention. Its all I can do to keep the daily drivers running. Just try to hang on. Retirement is on the horizon and then we can play.
I hear you, it was easier back then for sure. I wish I had more time for the Supra. They are fantastic cars that is for sure. I really enjoy seeing the other posters showing theirs here as well.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Fantastic blue!
What is that rear wing??

... and yes, at retirenent (just got there) you can leave for a ride ant day of the week, when weather is nice. Did that a few times this summer.

·
Registered
1985 Toyota Supra
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastic blue!
What is that rear wing??

... and yes, at retirenent (just got there) you can leave for a ride ant day of the week, when weather is nice. Did that a few times this summer.
Thank you, when I had the car painted I had another spoiler from a Nissan 240sx mounted on top of the original spoiler.
congrats on your retirement! Enjoy your ride...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Starts then dies. Possibly needs a new fuel filter

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
If it's been sitting that long with out driving the fuel pump or in tank rust is suspect IMO.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
The COR (fuel Cut. Off Relay) is driven 2 ways:
1- when you turn the key to START,
2- when air moves the flap in the AFM.
So, if the coil relay #2 is dead, it will start, but die when releasing the key. Or the AFM/wiring has an issue, or major intake leak..

There is an unplugged 2 wire Yellow connector by the AFM. Make sure that if you jump the 2 wires together, the fuel pump run (listen in the tank filler cap)

Reactions: Blue85Suupra

·
Registered
1985 Toyota Supra
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The COR (fuel Cut. Off Relay) is driven 2 ways:
1- when you turn the key to START,
2- when air moves the flap in the AFM.
So, if the coil relay #2 is dead, it will start, but die when releasing the key. Or the AFM/wiring has an issue, or major intake leak..

There is an unplugged 2 wire Yellow connector by the AFM. Make sure that if you jump the 2 wires together, the fuel pump run (listen in the tank filler cap)
Ok I will take a look at those things when I get a chance too.
Thank you all for the advice.. Appreciate it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts