Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for a 100% working switch on the right side of the steering column that has the wiper and cruise controls on it. If anyone has one please let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Hello,

I am looking for a 100% working switch on the right side of the steering column that has the wiper and cruise controls on it. If anyone has one please let me know. Thanks in advance!
IIRC the one at Rollins (j/y in Spanaway) is an '85.

·
Registered
906 Posts
82 is different.

Chris, you have my # I believe ... I can hook you up.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
According to the parts guide (toyodiy) the '82 and '85 are the same. If you can't pick one up local, let me know.
You should learn how to read ToyoDIY then, I see 4 completely different parts numbers (and yes I can see the pics also).

'82 is VERY different than an '85, here is one hint to help you realize the one of the differences....the '82 has the Cruise Control controls on the cluster hood, and the '85 has them on the wiper stalk.

·
Registered
906 Posts
According to the parts guide (toyodiy) the '82 and '85 are the same. If you can't pick one up local, let me know.
Chris has it correct. Believe what you will. You happen to be arguing with someone that spent 18 years at a - Toyota Recycling - yard. I know the interchange of parts, better than MOST "ie. -- 99% " dealer parts guys .... want to debate this a bit further ?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
82 is different.

Chris, you have my # I believe ... I can hook you up.
Shoot I have changed phones and no longer have it. Shoot me a PM and I will give ya a ring.

Thanks for the tips guys. :salute:

·
Registered
837 Posts
hey while we are at it i need the whole ass. for an 84. someone shoot me a price shipped to 77450

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I am an ass for '81......

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I've been there, done that.

The easy way is to replace the entire "YOKE" - next is to replace one side - and cuss the springs and ball detents (I've done them, PITA)

·
Registered
837 Posts
i 2nd that rich i sat there and screwed with that damn ball for hours and obviously the damn thing still doesn't work right..

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I said switch I meant the entire thing. That part you grab and all. I am not even about to try and fix the one I have. I don't have worker elves that damn small, lmao.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hello,

i do have one. pm sent

hey while we are at it i need the whole ass. for an 84. someone shoot me a price shipped to 77450
i do have another one for you. pm sent.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Replied

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
There is a 84 Supra at Pick-a-part at the Olympia Airport - the yoke should be ~$20. You need to take a steering wheel puller (or pulley puller from Harbor Freight).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts